May 2022 | A Very Granger Reunion by @erf2310

About the author:

Erf2310 is a 20-year-old lover of all things Harry Potter. While becoming an author is not her end goal, she does enjoy writing and continues to publish stories she is passionate about.

*

About the story - A Very Granger Reunion

Premise

After avoiding her family for fall too long, Hermione tries to survive a reunion without giving away that she is married to one of the most famous men in both the muggle and wizarding world.

* * *

Q. What is the thing you love the most about writing on Wattpad? What do you think is the most challenging part of writing in the Fanfiction genre? 

I love writing on Wattpad because the format is so easy compared to other fanfiction platforms. I think the most challenging part of writing for a fanfiction genre is separating your personal opinions from the actual characters. You are writing for already established characters in a fully realized world that isn't your own. I find it hard sometimes to think of what a character would respond with rather than myself.

Q. Your story title is very unique, why choose "A Very Granger Reunion", is there a special meaning behind this?

I choose a lot of my titles just based on a whim when I come to think of it. I wrote this story almost four years ago and I think at the time I was rewatching "A Very Potter Musical," which is an online musical parody of Harry Potter. I liked the "A Very ____" format and I kind of just went with it. 

Q. What made you want to focus on the relationship between Hermione and Draco? What aspect of this dynamic pulls you in the most?

I think ever since I started reading I was drawn to that enemies to lovers dynamic and imagining "what if" type relationships. While in the canon universe I do not think the Hermione/Draco relationship would work, I like the idea of taking to unlikely characters and seeing what would happen when they are together.

Q. What are your favorite scenes in "A Very Granger Reunion"? And why?

There are definitely a few favorite scenes I could think of. I think Hermione bringing Eric to Diagon Alley is probably my favorite because we rarely see muggles interacting with wizarding things. It was so much fun to write, especially with that little cameo from Neville. But also any scene where Hermione is doing her work for the ministry, I loved coming up with the different "incidents" and choosing different languages for them!  

Q. Do you have any other hobbies besides writing?

I have a lot of hobbies outside of writing! I love drawing and am currently pursuing a BFA in Film Production, specifically editing. I love movies so much and I hope to help make them one day!

Q. What are your future projects? Do you plan to continue writing Harry Potter fanfiction?

I have a couple of projects in the beginning stages of planning right now. Currently, I am publishing a story called "Through Space and Time" that is Marvel/MCU-themed that I think you should all check out! I do have some more Harry Potter-themed ideas that I think I will write but nothing super concrete yet! 

* * *

Thank you for joining this month's Wattwizbiz.

Fellow Potterheads, check out the author's profile, erf2310, for more stories!