July 1st, 2006 (Continued)

July 1st, 2006

(Draco)

xxx

"Malfoy, as much as I didn't protest you dating my best friend, I think I am going to have to protest your mother screaming bloody murder at my doorstep at three in the bloody morning!"

You'd expect a ball being dropped like that would ensure at least a minute of silence to follow it. If not for dramatic purposes, but purely out of shock to the recipients.

His mother was somehow NOT in St Mungo's custody. Furthermore, his mother had apparently made her way through muggle London and to the door step of the one and only Saint Potter's home. Former residence of Sirius Black, which he could only guess was the reason she was able to slip past the Fiddealus charm he knew guarded the townhouse.

It was certainly a shocked silent kind of comment to come through the Malfoy Cottage at three in the morning.

But no, silence was not what followed.

In quick succession, just before Draco had thrown himself through the Floo network, each person made a single comment.

"Oh Merlin Cissy!" Andromeda shrieked, hand clasping over her mouth in a subtle son of shock and grace.

Hermione had tried to grab after Draco as he raced to the flew, some excuse about needing to gather the boys on the tip of her tongue. Her fingers lost their grip on his button up as he moved with near in-human speed to get to the Potter's;

"Draco".

And Theo it appeared had woken up, Draco wasn't sure when, but he was up enough to hear what Potter's patrons had bellowed throughout the room.

"Someone at St Mungo's is getting fired!"

And Draco disappeared through the Floo, Hermione right behind him.

xxx

(Hermione)

xxx

"This is my house! You let me in right now young man!"

Narcissa's shrill, tired voice greeted Hermione on the other end of the Floo. She hadn't had half a minute to think for herself before she had followed Draco through.

He had flown through room at lightening speed. Hermione was half tempted to belief he had actually, literally taken flight because he had moved so fast she hadn't seen his feet hit the ground. Hermione knew she had to follow him; whether or not she thought herself able to help once she got to the other side didn't matter. She had to be there for Draco, as a shoulder, a brain, a heart: whatever he needed her to be right then.

A quick to from Andromeda, and the older witched asserting nods, let her know that both boys would be fine under Draco's aunt's care. She supposed Andromeda Black was also her son's Great Aunt, the same as Scorpius'.

She didn't look bad afterwards, just chased after Draco in his worried state, grabbing her wand and thrusting it unto her pocket as she let herself be sucked into the green flames of the Floo after shouting ' 12 Grimmauld Place'.