The Castle

I emerged in a white void. I looked around, confused. This isn't where I thought I would end up. I was so sure I'd end up somewhere more familiar.

I began to walk around, noticing it was eerily quiet. It wasn't cold, nor was it warm. I saw no sun, but it was so bright, I had to squint to be able to see. I jumped when one of my new appendages lightly brushed my shoulder. 'I really have to get used to that,' I thought, brushing it away with a huff.

About ten more minutes of walking, I looked ahead of me. In the distance, I saw what looked like... structures in the sky. Or ceiling. Whatever. I headed toward it, curious. What is this place?

It was taking longer than I thought to get to the structures, and I groaned in frustration. There had to be a way to travel faster! I started running, but cried out as my body suddenly melted into darkness. I couldn't see a thing, but I felt like I was moving. I concentrated on stopping, and suddenly, I materialized a lot closer to the structures.

'Huh,' I thought as I noticed my body regaining a physical form. 'This... liquid, is giving me new abilities. Like travelling faster as some sort of shadow creature.'

I tried this "shadow travel" again, and I discovered I could sense where I was going by the auras around me. There was one, and I made my way towards it. Upon materializing, I found a strange skeleton. Blue lines on his face, black bones, glitching everywhere, I was intrigued by the stranger. What made me sad, though, was that he was crying.

"Hello."

He flinched and looked up. I gave him a smile, but his expression turned darker. He stood up, towering over me with a scowl.

"WhO aRe YoU?"

"My name's Nightmare. What's yours?"

"ErRoR. NoW gEt OuT."

I snorted. Seems this guy doesn't like visitors. I shrugged and tried to open a portal. A spark of magic appeared, but flickered out just as quickly. I looked at my hand in confusion, then tried again. That's... odd.

"This... usually works by now...."

Error rolled his eyelights, then opened a portal. He wrapped his strings around me, then threw me in. I grunted as I hit the ground, and he smirked.

"HaVe FuN sUrViViNg In An AbAnDoNeD aU, TeNtAcLeS."

He closed the portal, and I laughed softly. He didn't exactly attack me, but he wasn't friendly, either. Some part of me recognized him, though. Have we met before? If we did, he probably wouldn't recognize me now. Not with this new form.

I got up and looked around. I was in a forest. I felt a chill in the air, signaling I needed to find shelter. I walked in one direction, thinking about the strange skeleton. Error.... I could still remember how pained his aura felt, and it made me want to go back. He was scared, and sad. Angry, too. I felt so much anger, it was intoxicating. I sighed. He probably wasn't looking for a friend, and I certainly didn't want to force anything on him. But, I didn't know how to navigate the multiverse. It showed in my attempt to create a portal. I thought just thinking about where Lust was would be enough to get me wherever Lust was. I wasn't even sure who they were, anymore. All I knew was that I needed to find them.

I continued forward through the forest. It was calm, and peaceful. I ran a hand over the trunk of one, smiling at the sensation of the rough bark against my hand. 

I frowned as I listened to my surroundings. Even though it was early fall, it was deathly quiet. I could hear nothing besides the wind whistling in the trees. I thought that was odd, and kept going forward. I soon reached a clearing, and I gasped. A beautiful plain stretched out beyond me into the horizon. A large river rushed along not far from where I stood, but what really caught my eye was the huge castle. I stared at it for awhile, admiring the dark architecture. Towers as black as obsidian rose into the light, autumn sky, and the glass paned windows shone brightly as the sun glinted off them.