A Horrifying Revelation

Dust and I went over some of the items we would need to install things that need electricity. I still didn't know why we needed these things, but he assured me it'll make things easier.

"Just think," he rambled as we descended the steps. "Once we get things up and running, you'll never need to light a fire again!"

I thought about that for a moment. "Right. If you say so."

He stopped in front of me. "You don't sound very convinced."

I scoffed and gave him a smirk. "I have lived off the land for as long as I can remember. All this," I gestured around us, "I never could've imagined I'd own an entire castle! Much less do anything with it...."

"So you haven't lived here very long," Dust continued, heading to the living room. "You're not used to this, yet. But, I promise I'll help you." He held his hand out, and I gave him a confused look. "It's just a handshake. I don't bite."

I snorted softly, then took his hand. As we stared into each other's eyelights, we made an unspoken pact to always support each other. I could feel his loyalty reaching out, pulling me towards it, and trusting I'll return the sentiment. I did wholeheartedly, and I could sense his relief and joy from my acceptance.

... ... ...

The next few weeks, Dust joined in on destroying AUs. Error was not very happy when he found Dust in the castle; in fact, he tried to kill him. I stepped between them, and Error sulked the rest of the day. Dust and I laughed a bit at his attitude, and he reluctantly joined us for supper. Thankfully, he didn't care too much once Dust started helping us, so I figured it was just his first impression.

It was a dark and cloudy day. I went down to check on Kitty and her litter, and discovered she was gone. Her kittens seemed to be sleeping, so I let them be. I did get a good look at each of them though, and was able to determine their coloring. 

One was mostly black and white, the white parts streaking up from its belly to its back and face. Another was the same, except its coloring was grey instead of black. The third one was completely black, as was the last one. Overall, they seemed like completely healthy kittens.

I smiled to myself as I thought about names to give them. Although, I didn't know how they acted, since they haven't attempted to explore past the stairs. Perhaps, if I moved Kitty's stuff upstairs, she and the kittens will move from the cellar?

As I left the throne room, I looked around it. I haven't tried lighting those braziers. Maybe I should try to see if they even light. My eyelight settled on the single throne, and my brows furrowed. For some reason, it bothered me that there was only one; there were three people living in the castle. Why can't there be more thrones? One for each person?

I left the room, and went to the supply closet. I grabbed some spare timber, some nails, and my hammer, then began working. Once I was done with the two thrones, I positioned them next to the first throne. The original one had cushions, so I'll need to get some materials for that. I looked over as Dust entered the room.

"Hey, boss," he greeted me. He'd gotten into the habit of calling me "boss," though I wasn't sure why. I had attempted to stop him, but even when I did, he'd fall back into calling me that an hour later. "What's up?"

"Oh, y'know," I averred, standing in front of my projects. "The ceiling."

He laughed. "Yeah, sure. so, whatcha workin' on?"

I gulped and stepped aside. "W-well, this room didn't have much in it, so I thought I'd make some thrones. For, I dunno, reading or something."

He chuckled as he stepped up to one. "Let me guess, the one with the cushions is yours?"