Ally?

It had been a few weeks. Not once did Error show up, and I started to suspect he was hiding in the Anti Void. What good it did him or us was lost on me, though. I could easily go there, confront him, and he'd either have to deal with me, or find a different hiding spot.

And I was getting impatient.

I opened a portal to the Anti Void, almost feeling awkward for entering, as if I was intruding. I shook my head at the thought. Error's a friend. He wouldn't mind, would he?

"Error?" I called out, slowly looking around for any sign of the glitch. When none appeared, I began walking. "Error, are you here?"

I heard sniffling, and immediately tensed up. Oh no, is he still upset? Upon closer examination of the aura I felt, though, I could sense something different. I turned to find the person, and my eyesocket widened at what I saw.

A skeleton with white bones, wearing blue and grey clothes and what looked like armor, was curled up on the ground, crying his eyesockets out. He didn't look injured, but as I stood there, I realized he was alone.

"Hey," I started wincing when the skeleton jolted and curled in on himself more. "It's ok. I'm not going to hurt you."

The skeleton sat up, his bones cracking from what I assumed was lack of movement, and looked up at me. He wiped his tears away and stared at me, I guess because I was someone he hadn't seen before. I gave him a friendly smile.

"Wh-who are you?" he asked warily.

"My name is Nightmare. What's yours?"

He looked down at the floor, then back up to me. "I-I'm... Blue."

My smile grew a little wider, and I knelt down to his level. I offered him my hand, noting sadly how he scooted just an inch further away from me.

"It's nice to meet you, Blue." He cautiously took my hand, still very scared. Looking around, I huffed softly. "You seem to be alone, here. What happened?"

He shifted a bit, letting go of my hand. "U-um, well, there was this... skeleton. H-he thought I was a-a glitch, and b-brought me here t-to punish me. A-at least, that's wh-what he t-told me."

My smile dropped to a confused frown. This is very unlike Error to kidnap random monsters. He liked being alone, so why bring an innocent monster into his lair? Standing, I once again offered my hand to him.

"Come on, Blue. We should get you out of here. There's no telling what Error will do to you."

Eagerly, Blue grabbed my hand, and I helped him up. Together, we exited through a portal to the castle. I led him to the kitchen, where I hoped to find something to eat.

I opened the cupboard, sighing softly at how bare it was. We'd been running low on food for a week, but I wanted to wait until we could go with Error. I could tell the others were restless, especially Horror, but I hoped they understood. Error was really the only reason we could raid AUs; he was gonna destroy the universe anyway, so why not grab the otherwise wasted materials?

I shut the cupboard and headed to the living room, motioning for Blue to follow. We can't wait anymore, I thought. If Error wasn't gonna come back, he sure isn't gonna be the reason we all starve to death!

Kitty and Silver circled my legs as I went, meowing loudly. I stopped for a moment, trying not to step on them. "It's ok, it's ok, we'll get you some food soon, ok?"

They continued to meow, but I ignored it and stepped over them. I would get them food soon. Right now, I needed to focus on getting the others off their tailbones. 

"Hey, guys," I began, but stopped short. Dust, Killer, Cross and Horror were on the floor, with a stack of books between them. I snagged one with my tendril and read the title. It was a magic spell book. "Uh, what are you guys doing?"