𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

Nailea stifled her breaths, pressed against a brick wall. She patiently waited for a sound. The crunching of shoes against sand warned her that someone was getting closer.

Just as a guard's footsteps grew louder
and the tip of his gun was visible past the corner. She reached out, pulling the gun and elbowing the man in the face. He fell on his back and she put a bullet through his chest.

The girl dragged the body, slipping in his uniform before burying him in the sand. Before she knew it, she was walking through the pure white hallways of the W.C.K.D lab. Her thought out plan worked and she was able to enter the premises, unseen.

The guard's suit draped on her body, largely oversized but right now, that's the least of her problems. 'Gosh this masks reeks, this guy must've not brushed his teeth in weeks.' She grimaced.

The wavy haired girl saw a pair of doctors walking ahead, mumbling incoherently. "Escort us, would you?" One of the doctors called out. The pair of doctors seemed to look Nailea's age. A boy and a girl.

The boy had short brown hair and bright blue eyes. The girl had long silky black hair, blue eyes as well. Although, the blue in her eyes were a more navy blue.

She followed them down the halls that she studied from afar for years. Every room they passed, she observed. Each door had four names carved into it.

Her eyes skimmed over every name with no recognition except one room. She saw three names that she didn't know but the last one was her brother's name.

Nailea was so invested into the letters carved into the wooden doors that she didn't realize she had stopped walking until she heard a frustrated voice that came from the girl doctor.

"What are you doing? Keep walking."

She gave a quick nod, mentally slapping herself for getting distracted. When they reached their destination, she saw televisions hung in a repetitive pattern all across the room, many of them. On the screens, were different angles of a giant field of greenery and tall stone walls that looked extremely old, practically ancient.

"The mazes are prepared for the first subjects to enter."

Mazes?

She knew what they meant by subjects: the immunes kids that they've taken. Nailea overheard them talking about it on one of the radios that she rigged.

She also overheard that scientists and doctors have discovered that the virus transmits to the person's brain, causing them to lose their senses and transform into something that can only be described as inhuman.

Which is why they were monitoring the kid's brains while giving them missions that challenge their mentality. Doctors have not yet found the reason behind the immunity that the group of teens carry.

The only information they have is our generation thinks differently from the others, which could be the possibility of why we're unaffected by this virus. She zoned back out, listening to them heartlessly listing names of what could only be the kids that they've taken, as if they were nothing but a name. She recognized four names in particular. The names carved into the door.

Newt, Minho, Thomas, Chuck.

Once again, she heard her brother's name from the doctor. Nailea's patience ran low, knowing that her brother could possibly be on the other side of that door that was only a few short meters away.

Those years of thoughtful planning and endless days of training all to find him. All her hopes and aspirations got shattered with a single sentence.

"We can start wiping their memories."

×××
𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑢𝑠: 𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑒𝑑

×××𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑢𝑠: 𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑒𝑑

SARAH SPEAKS!

Btw she's British, her brother isn't (she's adopted)

Lmk how you like it so far 🤟