𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

"We were close to escaping the maze but Gally, someone well known in the glade, found us at the exit."

"He was stung by a griever and...He went crazy, he wasn't thinking straight and tried to shoot me." Thomas said.

"Right when Gally pulled the trigger, Minho threw a spear at Gally's chest."

"But your brother..."

"He jumped in front of me last second, and the shot hit him instead." Thomas finished.

My jaw clenched, my hands were balled into fists. I could feel my nails digging into my skin, but I didn't care.

I spent years to finally see my brother once again, and now I'm being told that he's dead.

My face contorted with rage, tears in my eyes. It's their fault. He was just a child.

"You're lying." Was all I could get out, through clenched teeth.

"Sarah I- I'm sorry, I didn't-"

I got a fist full of Thomas' collar and my fist collided with his face in a heartbeat.

The sting on my knuckles lingered long after the forceful punch but at this point, it felt numb to me. I repeatedly did the same action multiple times, adding kicks and elbowing, anything to hurt him.

I ignored everything the others were saying, it didn't matter to me anymore.

My arm was pulled back by strong
arms causing me to push myself out of that person's grip. Soon enough the metallic smell of fresh blood came from both Thomas' face and my fist.

Before I was even close to done with
him, my arms were held behind my back by multiple different people that I didn't care to acknowledge.

"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!"

"HE WAS JUST A KID!"

"FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU!"

"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!"

My voice was hoarse but it didn't matter, if I can't hit him more, I'll scream at him. I continued to yell at the top of my lungs.

"HE'S DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU!"

"IT'S ALL YOUR FUCKING FAULT!"

"It's all your fault..." I sobbed out.

Is he really dead? After all this time? Is it really his fault, or is it mine?

"Shh..."

Aris' arms wrapped around me comfortingly, he tried to rest my head on his chest. I attempted to escape from his grip, refusing his comfort.

After he pulls me in one more time, I cave. I choked out sobs into the crook off his neck, my nerves calming ever so slightly at the feeling of slow circles that he rubbed on my back.

He slowly sat onto the ground, pulling me down with him. He rearranged us so that his legs were trapped between my own, as my weight was now set on his lap, my knees brushed up on the sandy ground every so slightly.

His fingers ran through my hair and
he assured me that everything was gonna be ok.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, continuing to let my frustration and sorrow out.

My breathing was out of control and Aris could probably tell because he started to whisper in my ear.

"Breathe, deep breaths. In and out, come on you can do it."

"Follow me, you got it."

He showed an example of a deep inhale and exhale. As much as I struggled to follow, my breathing got better slowly.

Minutes, hours, I didn't know how long it was but the flow of tears seemed to have stopped, I waited a bit before taking my face out of the crook of Aris' neck.

He looked at me for a little bit before smiling.

"You look like shit."

I smiled softly, having no energy to even fake a chuckle or a laugh. I lifted my arm, using my- Aris' hoodie to wipe the tear streams off my face.

"Thanks Aris."

"That's what friends are for." He
hugged me tightly before I got off to lay beside him.

I am really lucky to have him as my best friend. If only Harriet and Sonya were here too...

The thoughts in my head slowly faded away as I drifted off into a relaxing, dreamless sleep.

---

AHHH HI 👋 SORRY IF THIS CHAPTER DIDNT HAVE MUCH IN IT 🧍🏽‍♀️

WHO'S UR LEAST FAVOURITE CHARACTER IN MAZE RUNNER 🤨LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTSSS :D