𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

A week later, more than half of the girls got chosen by Janson. To a so called safe place where they would be safe and far away from W.C.K.D. Nailea obviously knew it was bullshit but it didn't matter anymore. All she had left was Aris. Harriet and Sonya's compartment got raided by the Right Arm. Some other girls, including Jamie were with them.

Nailea has heard about the right arm back when she still lived in the scorch but she never attempted to get in contact with them. Plus even if she did, they wouldn't take her because they only rescued kids taken from W.C.K.D, which she wasn't at the time.

"Earth to Nailea." This took Nailea out of her trance to see Aris looking at her expectantly. "Uh, sorry what?"

"I said did you hear about the last maze coming in today." He repeated. This peaked her interest. "Today? you're sure?" The last maze. That has to be her brother's maze.

"Yes, I'm sure, 'Lea. Now, go get some food before everyone else finishes it. You haven't eaten today." He insisted. Nailea nodded and walked to the counter. She was too tired to argue with him, plus her stomach was grumbling from hunger.

She sat back down with Aris and heard
the cafeteria doors open. Nailea didn't bother turning around, assuming that it was just a few guards as usual. She looked up at Aris to start a conversation but he seemed to be preoccupied as his eyes were glued to the cafeteria doors.

The girl turned her neck to the doors to see a few teenagers not more than five or six. She carefully inspected each one.

One looked Asian and had a visibly burly build. Another had fluffy blonde hair with a leaner type of muscular. Next to him was a shorter boy who looked very young with an awfully big nose and one with a darker skin tone with a warm smile on his face.

Nailea's face dropped when she realized her brother wasn't with the group. She suddenly lost all her appetite and especially her will to stay there. Nailea turned back to Aris and leaned forward slightly. "We're leaving in two days. Alright?" Nailea whispered as quietly as she possibly could.

His eyebrows furrowed and his face was marked with confusion but he nodded either way. She continued to glance at the new group every so often, making sure to make it subtle.

Nailea knew for sure that was her brother's group. With every new maze that came in, she'd give a description of her brother and none of them recalled him. They were the last ones.

Another boy entered the cafeteria, the Asian boy went up to him the moment he stepped foot in here. They sat with one of the other groups and she could slightly hear them talking about her and Aris and how they've been here the longest.

Once Nailea and Aris were mentioned the pair could felt their eyes on them, and they hated it. "They've been here for a week. The rest of their group are already at the safe place but some are missing." They heard the boy faintly.

"Those two are inseparable. They share a room and never leave each other's side." He said before his friend continued for him. "Yeah. They don't talk to anyone other than each other. None of us know what their voices sound like, they're a complete mystery."

They both pulled their hoods over their heads, not wanting any more attention drawn to them. Once Nailea thought they weren't looking at her anymore, she took one last glance at their table and instantly regretted it.

When her eyes landed on them, all their eyes were still on her. She made brief eye contact with the blonde boy before breaking it quicker than it started. Nailea looked back at Aris, embarrassment evident in her expression only to see him trying to stifle a fit of laughter.

She leant in and whispered. "Don't you even think about laughing, twat." He picked up his corn bread and pretended to find it interesting, acting like he didn't do a thing while he broke out in a grin. Janson finished calling the daily list of names for the people going to the safe place. Nailea was more than ready to leave but instead of cheers and squeals of excitement from the chosen kids, she  heard yelling.

"Teresa? Teresa! TERESA" She watched as one of the new boys — the one who came in the latest — was yelling for a girl that passed by the window. Aris pulled his hood down to watch the scene play out clearer. Nailea immediately knew what he was thinking.

"No. Don't even think about it." She said firmly. "He could get the others to believe him, It's worth a shot, Nailea." She shook her head. "Aris, it'll be hard to escape just the two of us alone, and you wanna bring six or seven more people? It's too risky." The girl whisper shouted.

"They have potential. Trust me." He argued back. "I- Fine. But if we don't make it out? It's your fault." She stated. After finishing the rest of her food, she dragged Aris with her to go back to their shared room.

Nailea walked toward the cafeteria doors, pulling Aris' sleeve behind her. They passed the table that had all the new comers. When she made eye contact with one of them. Specifically, the blonde one. The girl couldn't help but send a glare at him, blaming their group for her brother's absence.

---
status: edited

---status: edited

SARAH SPEAKS!

It's 1 am. and I'm editing 👴 Dawg my phone is at 3% so I'm gonna have to switch to my iPad bruhhh

I'm most likely just gonna write a different story from my drafts cuz iPad is not fun to edit on 🤠

Anyways, stay intellectual kids 🤓