𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

Nailea was running throughout the maze, feeling like she was running in full circles. She found it so infuriating that she couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. No oddly placed stones, no out of place ivy, not even a griever.

She slowed her pace and fell down to the floor tiredly, eating the food that she packed with no regard of cleanliness. As Nailea took the last bite of her sandwich she glanced down at her watch.

5:45 p.m.

The walls were closing soon.

'I could still run to the hideout in time.' She thought to herself but she didn't want to. She knew she didn't.

Rising from the ground, Nailea felt the walls rumbling. She felt a pit in her stomach. Once the rumbling came to an end, it was official. She's stuck for the full night. A million bad thoughts struck her.

What if the grievers suddenly attack her? What if W.C.K.D's whole plan was to get Nailea to believe the grievers wouldn't hurt her just so she'd stay a night in the maze and then the grievers would tear her apart when she has no escape?

Nailea sighed, pushing the horrid thought away. The girl strolled slowly around the maze for half an hour making sure that she fully digested her food before running again. She wiped some of the blood off her face from her delightful encounter with the stick.

She ran through the dark corridors of the maze recognising every turn, she started to believe that she wasn't gonna find anything tonight until she heard something. Metallic whirling...

Nailea slowly jogged to the source of the sound. She turned the corner and there it was, a griever. Seeing as it was looking in a different direction, she took cautious steps toward the inhuman creature.

It was looking at something.

She followed it's eyes in the direction it was staring at, it was something Nailea had never seen before. It was some sort of opening. The griever went closer to it and the closer it got, the more doors lifted up and opened.

One after another, stone walls slid up to reveal, a hologram with numbers and a place to enter eight numbers.

Nailea pondered for a moment on what those eight numbers could be until her eyes trailed off to a big number seven written on the wall, reminding her that the maze had eight sections.

One to eight, the maze sections open in a particular order.

In week one, section seven opens. For week two, section one opens. Week three, five. Then two, six, four, eight, three then it repeats and so on.

It has to be the order of the maze sections.

The griever disappeared into the darkness of the hole. There was an explanation to where the grievers go.

That could be their escape.

She used a knife cutting some ivy off the walls and started to line them up on the ground so that she would be able to find this place again. It took her the rest of the night to make it back to the Hideout.

Nailea leaned against the east door and waited for the doors to open, jumping up at the sound of the screeching doors. On the other side of the door, all the girls were already there waiting for her.

Once she steps onto the grass she was immediately pulled into embraces by Harriet and Sonya. "Thank God you didn't die." Sonya said, followed by Harriet. "Yea if you died we wouldn't know what to do."

"Well, you're lucky I'm so talented at taking care of m'self, ay?" Nailea responded, a slight slur in her words from her lack of sleep. A smile painted her face but before she could tell them what she had found in the maze, her face dropped. She heard something she didn't expect to hear.

Something that she shouldn't be hearing.

The stick alarm.

---
status: edited 🤯

---status: edited 🤯

SARAH SPEAKS!

I hate editing past chapters cuz stupid past me decided to write in first person pov and now I have to change it all

Anyways hooray new person, I wonder who it is (said with sarcasm)