𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

"You want us to go in there?" Newt asked in disbelief, pointing at the eerie tunnel ahead of us.

"I don't wanna come across as too negative, but I mean if I was a crank that's exactly where I would be."
He said to Thomas, who scanned the
map once more, hoping to find another way to get there.

"I don't think we have much of a choice." No one protested.

"Alright. I get shotg-"

"Shotgun." I interrupt Newt, swinging
the passenger seat's door with a mocking grin on my face.

Frypan drove leisurely. The road space was narrow, junk and old abandoned cars blocked most of the way.

Rust and dust accumulated on every
inch of the tunnel, it was clear that no one had been here for ages.

No one sane anyway.

The headlights beamed brightly in the poorly lit roadway, chills ran down my spine when the light shone on a man standing thirty feet away from the car.

He wore a bright red jacket and blue pants that seemed to turn red on the ends, it remains unknown if it's blood.

No one uttered a single word. He stood with terrible posture, inhuman. Twitching and shaking as his chokes filled the previously silent air.

I glanced at the rear-view mirror.
Newt and Thomas looked just as uneasy as me and Fry.

"It's okay. It's just one so take it slow, go around him. We'll be fine." Thomas unconvincingly said.

"Take it slow. Take it slow." Fry mumbled to himself, clearly agitated.

"Roll up your windows." I said, rolling up my own.

A moment of silence passes which Thomas discontinued by yelping, which resulted in everyone else jumping.

My hand gripped the side of my seat tightly, a blonde woman stood at Thomas' window. Her fingertips brushed up against the glass ever so slightly.

Her hair messy, clothes torn and her face unnaturally pale. She repeatedly said the word 'please'.

Her once peaceful begging tone abruptly switched to a frantic, forceful tone. She rapidly banged on the door, pulling the handle roughly.

"Help me" She smiled but her state was anything but happy.

Another crank banged on Newt's door, followed by Frypan's then lastly mine.

More and more cranks surrounded our car like a predators ready to eat it's prey, they were desperate for aid but they were beyond help.

The life had already left their eyes as their face showed expressions but no emotions behind them.

Thomas shouted for Fry to drive, so he did. We lost the previous cranks but the crank who wore a red jacket had jumped into the windshield.

He punched the glass, cracks appeared on the first punch, ready to shatter.

"Shit." My knuckles whitened from tightly gripping the seat.

Frypan drove in zigzags but the crank had a strong hold on the car.

"Come on, Fry. Shake him." Thomas said with urgency.

"I'm trying."

The crank hung on Frypan's side of the car, punching his window instead.

One final turn and the crank slammed into an old car.

We all sighed in relief, unexpecting of the coming events.

"Fry, watch out!"

The car tipped over to the right side. Seconds later, my shoulder collided with the floor then the car flipped once more.

A gnawing pain overcame my arm, shards of glass inserted themselves into my upper arm.

"Everyone okay?"

"Magnificent." I remarked sarcastically through gritted teeth.

"Fry, Sarah cover your eyes."

I did as told, the sound of shattering glass was heard.

"What a blessing to my ears." I groaned as I was forced to use my arms to crawl out of the vehicle.

Newt on the other hand, busted the
door open with his elbow, falling to the ground as he did so.

"Newt, you okay?"

"Yeah, I think so." Newt stumbled to his feet, Thomas helping him.

Inhuman yelling came from the same red jacketed crank. He didn't die, only chunks of flesh missing from his body.

His face lacked of features, only raw flesh and bones replaced his old, somewhat human face.

He ran unsteadily towards us, bones twitching in every wrong direction.

We all yelled for Frypan to hurry, he stayed in the car, searching for who knows what.

"Oh, shit." Newt and I said simultaneously.

The crank inched closer and closer, his disfigured body becoming clearer in my view. Becoming evermore disturbing.

Only when he was two steps away, Fry got out of the car with a shotgun, making a dent straight into the crank's chest.

"Nice shot, Fry."

"Thanks." He exhaled.

Screeching and animal-like growling came in earshot. Cranks came out of the shadows, sprinting in our direction.

I ran for it, the others a little far behind. Fry backed up slowly, facing the cranks as he used the shotgun.

"You won't hit them from long range, just run, Fry!" I screamed.

I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Fuck."

-

--

A/N: I'm posting this in school btw 💀