𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

As the lift doors shut, pitch black darkness flooded the cage entirely. In the cage with her were piles and piles of boxes, all marked with the letters W.C.K.D in huge, block letters.

Before she knew it, the cage jolted upwards — which made the girl fall backwards into a handful of boxes.

The lift kept a steady pace, continuously elevating. Her ears met with painfully loud scrapping of metal against metal made by the cage and the walls surrounding it, against one another.

She grunted with frustration and covered her ears, leaning her head and back against one of the walls.

According to her smart watch, it's been less that five minutes and she was already sweating. Her breathing was compromised due to the lack of ventilation. ‘Jeez, asthma kids have it rough.’ She thought.

She felt herself getting light headed, the feeling of a compression on her chest appeared and she seemed to be fighting a battle with her eye lids to keep them open — her eyelids eventually winning.

She felt thick liquid dripping down her ears. The strong smell of blood overcame the smell of sweat that was building up on her forehead.

She rolled her eyes as she was showing symptoms of faint. Due to the state she was in, she almost forgot about the paper that the doctor had thrown to her. She made a mental note to open it when she awoke and took a deep breath. Before she could prepare for the fall, her head collided with the hard metal cage.

×××

The same blue eyed, brown haired boy smiled widely at her. She heard his voice but his mouth didn't move one inch.

He spoke to her with comfort, as if he'd known her for years. But she felt a sense of safety as his words echoed into her head like it were her own voice.

It was familiar but she couldn't recall any interactions with him before. His words were incoherent but his tone sounded like he was warning her about something.

Just when she was about to ask him about it, he disappeared.

×××

Her eyes shot open, the dream still fresh in her brain. Nailea hadn't realized that her hands clutched around her ears tightly, not from the metal sounds but from the faint sound of his echoing voice in her head that seemed to fade further and further away the more that she was knowingly conscious.

She removed her hands from her ears to start searching for anything useful in the pile of boxes. She gathered a lot of weapons and a good amount of clothes. After she sorted everything that she needed and didn't, she started getting lost in her own thoughts.

As she recalled the previous conversation she's heard, she should arrive about a couple hours —at most— before she reaches the maze.

She distinctly remembered the names that the doctors have mentioned.

Two names that were mentioned at the beginning of the groups were Alby and Harriet, she was unable to remember the names in the many other groups.

She wasn't aware of what pattern W.C.K.D has decided to group these kids in. So for now, it remains unknown.

Another thing she learned was that this experiment W.C.K.D is doing would last a few years. She sighed at the sound of ‘years’ but quickly got distracted, the thought of the paper entered her mind.

Spotting the red ribbon in the cage of darkness, she pulled it and unrolled the piece of paper slowly. Written in neat, cursive handwriting were the words,

W.C.K.D isn't good.

------------------

status: edited

SARAH SPEAKS!

she really started dreaming about him after one look 💀 bro must be majestic (jk)

alright stay smart kids muah 💋 wait nvm that's weird I'm not kissing kids I promise IM A KID TOO