𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

"That's the thing...you were captured by W.C.K.D." She said calmly.

"Wha- what. No. That's impossible."

"I'm sorry, Sarah. But it's true." She said sympathetically.

"I've only met you once in the past, a very short interaction. I have to say, you were quite popular at W.C.K.D." She explained.

"What? What do you mean popular?"

"Everyone who worked there, knew all about you."

"Why?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"You were one of the strongest candidate's we've had. To be specific, the second strongest out of every kid."

"Really?" I questioned with disbelief.

"Yes, indeed."

"Thomas was- is the strongest, followed closely by you. Only having a zero point three percent blood strength difference between the two of you."

I quietly took everything in, processing the fact that I was indeed taken by W.C.K.D when I was younger.

"Then why am I not marked?" I asked, genuinely interested in the answer.

"Well, they couldn't mark you."

Why? She must've sensed my question before I asked it.

"You escaped with your brother
before they could." she continued,

"All they could get in you was the telepathy chip, but you escaped before they could mark you."

"But they couldn't connect your telepathy chip to a specific other because you got away before they could do so."

"Which makes you able to connect to anyone's mind, even if they don't have the telepathy chip installed in them."

"How-"

"The chips that have that mark them, connects with your telepathy chip as well."

"The reason you can and others can't, is because theirs is designed to work between two specific people and those two people only. Yours has no limit."

"So you can connect to them all." She finished her complicated explanation.

"Your mother agreed to hand you, as well as your brother, over to W.C.K.D when you were just a child. That's why she died to try and keep you away from W.C.K.D the second time."

"It's because she felt guilty." Mary said with sorrow.

---

The talk I had with Mary was two hours ago, my brain still hasn't fully processed everything but I'm getting there.

I loaded some clothes into a truck, helping the Right Arm pack the rest of their belongings.

"Sarah?"

I perked up at the sound of my name. Looking for the person who called me, my eyes landed on a certain blonde.

"What'd you need, Lizard boy?"

He rolled his eyes before gesturing to follow him into one of the tents that were still standing.

"What?" The words rolled off of my tongue with ease.

"I was hoping you'd help me with something." He said hesitantly. "I was wondering if you could-"

"What's that?" I cut him off when I noticed blood seeping through the fabric on his left shoulder.

He stuttered and stumbled over his words as he racked his brain for a valid excuse, looking down at his shoulder.

I sighed, accepting the fact that I most likely wouldn't be getting a truthful answer from him.

I then walked away to get medical supplies, deciding to repay the favour of when he cleaned my wound once before.

Finding the necessary supplies, I halted in front of the boy and stared at him expectantly, waiting for him to give me access to his wound.

He sighed but instead of just showing his shoulder, he used his right hand and pulled his shirt off above his head with one swift motion.

I didn't dare to look below his shoulders.

Clearing my throat, I suddenly lost all the confidence I had just seconds ago.

I lightly dabbed his wound with a damp towel. He inhaled sharply but didn't move away.

His heavy breathing was warm near my ear, I could feel his grip tighten on the excess of my shirt every time the towel came in contact with his shoulder.

I cringed every time he grunted in pain, getting more relieved that I was almost done with the cleaning.

"All done."

His grip on my shirt lingered for a second before letting go and backing away slightly, leaving us to be directly face to face.

"Thanks." He said, barely audible.

"No worries-"

The tent opened, ours heads snapped to the entrance. Aris came in and his face went from mellow to petrified.

His eyes widened and he dropped the water bottle that he held. I realized what he must've thought was happening, but it was nowhere near what was going on.

I put distance between Newt and I, his arm that was rested on my shoulder got pushed off.

Newt looked disappointed but his expression went neutral in seconds.

"Uh- sorry, didn't mean to interrupt." Aris said, reaching down for his water bottle before trying to excuse himself.

"You weren't interrupting anything,
I was just cleaning the wound on his shoulder." I said, pointing my thumb in Newt's direction.

Aris did a double take and saw the medical supplies in my hand and the bandaged up wound on his shoulder.

"Oh, ok. Can I borrow you for a sec, Sarah?"

I thought about what Newt needed me for but decided to go with Aris anyway.

"Yeah, sure."

And that's when everything went wrong.

----

A/N HI GUYSSS IM SO SORRY ITS BEEN LIKE OVER A MONTH SINCE I UPDATED!! I MISSED WRITING SO MUCHH

I'VE BEEN SO BUSY WITH EXAMS BUT I PROMISE ILL TRY UPDATING WAYYYYYY MORE FREQUENTLY :))

HAPPY READING!!