𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

The sound of a helicopter whirling was heard outside, blinding lights creeped its way into the building through the windows and cracks followed by a loud booming voice that echoed in the air.

"Good evening! This is the World Catastrophe Killzone Department. We have your compound completely surrounded."

"You find yourselves, in no fault of
your own, in possession of W.C.K.D property. Return them to us unharmed and we will consider this a simple misunderstanding."

"Or you can resist and every last one of you will die. It won't be long before the flare wipes out the rest of us. The hope of a cure lies in your hands."

"The choice is yours." Janson said.

Gosh does he ever shut up.

Jorge looked around cautiously, packing the rest of his belongings.

"Go get the kids." Jorge said to Brenda.

"I'll go get them." I said, making my way to the place they were kept at after they both nodded.

"What are you gonna do?" Brenda asked, getting fainter as I walked further and further away.

"I'm gonna play 'em my favourite song." He responded.

"Oh, shit."

I didn't know what that meant. But knowing Jorge, it's most likely gonna be something bizarre. The man always knew what he was doing.

I decided not to dwell on it any longer, running to where my friends were held.

In front of me was the room they were in, the cock of a gun was heard.

"Janson, I got 'em for ya. I'm bringing 'em down. Don't shoot us."

The voice sounded gruffy and deep.

I heard the unknown man ushering them to follow him. A loud gun shot stung my ears, followed by grunting and yelling.

The gun cocks again, making me rush to the door frame.

"You little bastard!" The man shouted.

He aimed at them, about to fire. Without thinking, I shot his back and he collapsed on the floor.

I pulled myself out of shock and remembered why I came here.

"Come on, let's go." I rushed.

I looked back to see them stood still, in shock.

"LET'S GO!"

This time, they followed close behind me. I carefully made my way through the halls, not wanting to run into any guards of W.C.K.D.

The complex turns and the adrenaline in my veins, reminded me of the maze. The way I felt scared yet, excited at what I would find. If I would find something different or new.

The feeling that I could possibly find a way out or even just-

Blasting music played all around the building on speakers. The music was nice but it definitely wasn't a good sign.

We bumped into Brenda and she led us to Jorge.

"We don't have much time! Let's go,
let's go, let's go!" Jorge said, carrying a bag around his shoulder.

"Right this way!" He said, opening a window. There was a zip line that led to another building.

"Oh, you gotta be kidding me." Frypan said, looking at the view.

"Plan B, Hermano. You kids wanna get
to the right arm? I'll lead you to them. But you're gonna owe me."

Jorge said, pulling down a rope then sliding down the zip line.

"Follow me!" His voice faded out as he got closer to the other building.

Minho went next, followed by Frypan. Aris was next, I could see he wasn't so excited to go on the zip line.

"It's ok, Aris. Go."

He looked at me and the fear washed away from his eyes.

"Thank you."

"For?" I responded, confused.

"Not betraying us."

Our foreheads leaned against each other, embracing the moment.

"You'll be fine, I'll be right after you." I said smiling.

He returned the smile before disappearing off into the darkness.

"Teresa, you go first."

She obliged and wrapped her hands around the rope before doing the same thing that everyone else did, went down the zip line.

Brenda went elsewhere in the room, searching for something. I went to follow her but Thomas stopped me.

"Don't. I'll follow her."

I opened my mouth to protest but he cut me off.

"Sarah, trust me. Aris will be waiting for you, don't worry him. I'll be right behind you, ok?"

I nodded. As much as I hated to admit it, he's right. Aris would be waiting for me. I made my way to the window.

"Thanks." I dead panned, going down the
zip line.

On the other side, I was met with the others. Aris hugged me tightly, mumbling something under his breath.

I took one last look at the building, to see it collapse.

We can only pray that Brenda and Thomas are ok.

---

A/N: I FINALLY POSTED ON TIME <33 NOT TOO MUCH HAPPENED BUT I HOPE U LIKED IT THANKS 4 READING