𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

The boys stopped in their tracks as well. Horror engulfed our faces as we saw that cranks stood at both sides of the tunnel.

Leaving us with no escape. They ran toward us at an alarming speed.

"Fry, you got any left?"

"Yeah." He said, cocking the shotgun to shoot once more.

I pulled out my own pistol, the cranks' dropping one by one with each bullet that left my gun. Though, I could only hold them off for so long.

I didn't have many bullets left.

"Nice shots." A certain blonde commented.

"Too bad they don't hit you instead."
I joked, grinning. Not taking my eyes off the cranks.

Frypan and I stood back to back, shooting any crank that got too close.

"I'm out!" Fry yelled.

I spun in circles, launching bullets in both directions. Just as I was on my last bullet, an all too familiar van came in our direction.

It ran over any crank in its way.

"Hey, get in!" Brenda yelled, popping out of the sunroof with a pistol in hand.

I slid through the window, into the backseat, Newt mimicking my actions. Fry and Thomas jumped in the back.

"Go, Jorge, go!" "Go!" Everyone shouted in sync.

"Hang on!" We drove out of the awful tunnel, mostly unharmed.

"I'm impressed! You guys almost lasted a whole day." Jorge said sarcastically.

Brenda turned to look at us expectantly, subtly shaking her head.

"I'm sorry. I didn't wanna bring you guys into this." Thomas apologized, Jorge gave him a side eye in the rear view mirror.

"Aye, I think what he's tryin to say is thanks for saving us."

"You're welcome."

"Hey, don't get your hopes up. That checkpoint back there, that was the city's last defense. If that was overrun, chances are the city is, too." Jorge stated.

"Yeah, unless they found some other way to keep the cranks out." Newt said, glancing out the window.

Out of curiosity, I looked too and so did everybody else. Jorge slammed on the breaks and we all exited the vehicle.

There was a city, all buildings standing with enchanting, unique designs.

The city was limited by tall cement walls that surrounded it completely, way taller than the maze walls.

What lied outside the walls were the opposite. Broken, rusting buildings. Trash piles building up. Empty.

"Funny. Spent three years trapped behind walls, trying to break out and now we wanna break back in." Newt pointed out the irony.

"Yeah. It's hilarious." Frypan dead panned, followed by a small chuckle from Newt, Brenda and myself.

"Jorge, how do we get in?"

"Don't look at me, Hermano. Those
walls are new." Jorge responded to Thomas truthfully.

"I guess walls are W.C.K.D's answer to everything." I said crossing my arms.

"Let's go!" Brenda got into the car, everyone following, with two exceptions. Newt and Thomas.

"Do you really think he's in there?" I overheard Newt ask.