𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Nailea sat with Aris and ate whatever they served, just like every other day. She decided not to tell him that he worked for W.C.K.D, afraid that he'd switch sides and instead used an excuse that she just had a flashback of bad memories

Which was partly true.

He didn't question it further, knowing how secretive she was about her past. So now, nothings changed. Janson arrived to call more kids. "Hannah, Reagen, Ken, Paulie, James and last but not least Lacey." Nailea rolled her eyes.

"Get your ass back in that chair." Her head snapped to where the voice came from. A guard. Nailea saw a glimpse of Thomas walking back to his table.

He turned right back around and leaped at the guard whilst his friends scrambled to get ahold of him before he does anything else stupid. "WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM, MAN?" Thomas shouted, followed by the guard. "BACK OFF."

His friends told him to stop, speaking over each other. Nailea could only hear gibberish. She saw Janson push his way through the guards to get to Thomas. They mumbled incoherent words to one another, followed by Thomas and his friends being escorted out of the cafeteria, leaving a very irritated looking Janson in the room.

Nailea and Aris made eye contact. They both knew there was a bigger picture. They just didn't know what it was yet. The pair didn't bother to put away their trays. They rushed to leave the cafeteria, planning on getting to Thomas's room to find out what he really did.

Nailea sped-walk, unable to hide her adrenaline rush. That was a big mistake.

She looked over her shoulder before leaving the cafeteria, only to see Janson eyeing her weirdly. He whispered to a nearby guard. "Aris, we gotta move faster." She said in his head.

He looked at her then pulled her into a small room on the side of the hallway. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" She whisper shouted, using one of her hands to hit his arm. "Shh, come on, going through this vent will get us to their room faster." He explained and squeezed into the vent that was located under a table.

---

They arrived to the room in under than five minutes. Aris carelessly pushed the tiny vent door open which created a loud clang of metal. He hopped out of the vent, Nailea following after him.

"Hey, Thomas." Aris said casually. "What the-" The boy she knew as Frypan — exclaimed. "You got it, didn't you?" Nailea looked at Aris, puzzled. "Got what, Aris?" Thomas flashed a key card. "Yeah. Yeah, let's go." Thomas answered.

"You guys might be right. I could just be being paranoid. But I gotta find out for sure. Just cover for me, I'll be back as soon as I can." Thomas said to his friends, following Aris into the vents.

Nailea knelt on the floor and was about to go in after Thomas until she heard Aris. "Nope." Nailea furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Excuse me?" She called out into the vents. "Stay with them. If anything happens, you'll be able to take care of them. We both know you have...experience." He cleared up.

She opened her mouth to protest but he was long gone by then. The girl groaned in frustration, getting up from the ground and sitting on one of the bottom bunks, not caring whose it was.

Her knees were slightly parted while each elbow rested on each knee. Nailea put her head in her hands. A few minutes of silence passed, the whole time she felt eyes burning through her skull. She finally took her hands off her face and mentally prepared herself to talk to the new people.

"I'm Minho." The Asian boy introduced.

"Well? Are you gonna tell us who you are?" The boy named Minho asked. She then sighed and spoke, this time without the dull American accent. "The name's Nailea." She said, keeping it short.

Silence.

"HAH, She talks like Newt." Minho laughed. "What? Newt as in...the lizard?" Nailea was genuinely confused but the rest of them chuckled. Frypan kindly explained that the blonde boy was named Newt, who looked at her smiling.

A voice echoed in her head. "Nailea?" She froze, the guys around her looked concerned. "Aris?" She responded.

"Good you can hear me."

"Of course I can, Aris. What's wrong?"

"They're coming for us. Jam the doors and get everyone out of there. Meet me and Thomas at the 3rd hallway's giant vent got it?" Nailea listened to him immediately, she pushed through the guys and used a sheet to tie around the door handle.

She then picked up a mattress to put against the door, she didn't even notice but her breathing seemed to pick up.

Her body seemed to have a mind of its own as she did things without fully thinking. Nailea turned around, ready to lead them all in the vents but instead she was blocked by Newt.

"What happened?"

---
status: edited

---status: edited

SARAH SPEAKS!

Gah dayum I paused my daily dose of sturniolo triplets content to edit this

HOORAY THEY MEET finallyyyy the way he's smiling at her when she didn't realize it was his name>>>

alright stay awesome friends, good thing it's fanfiction and not fantruth 👴