𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Not long after the disturbing video ended, strange people in all black suits broke into the room. All of them armed. They half-pushed, half-dragged all of them to a helicopter. Nailea wanted to believe that they were miraculously saved. Trust me, she does, but she had a growing suspicion.

If they were gonna rescue them, where were they for the last three years? The outside was just like she remembered it, the scorch didn't change a single bit. She was satisfied with how many girls made it out, also satisfied that the singular boy they had was in one piece.

You could cut the tension in the air with a knife, mostly radiating of off Sonya, Harriet, the stick and especially Nailea. She had a feeling none of the four of them trusted the odd men but by the looks on the others face's she could tell that all the other girls were convinced.

Let's hope their quick-trusting doesn't get them killed. Once they were all sort of comfortable on the helicopter, everyone's eyelids fought to stay open as they were getting ready for bed.

Nailea was buried under Harriet and Sonya who cuddled deeply into her. If she didn't convince them that she'd keep a lookout while they slept, they'd probably stay awake with her.

In all honesty, Nailea felt relieved that they trusted her enough to fall asleep in front of complete strangers that could easily kill us with their weapons, seeming as though they were completely defenseless. Nailea stroked Sonya's hair out of her face and used her other hand to draw small circles on Harriet's shoulder, being sure not do it too hard to wake either of them up.

She continued to do so, her mind wandering to countless things. She wanted to gather her thoughts, knowing that when all the girls wake up, all she'll hear is constant chatting which leaves no silence for thinking.

Nailea still thought about her dear little brother. She hope she'd find him soon—

"Do you always do that?" She heard a voice ask her, barely audible over the helicopter's engine sputtering. Nailea turned her head to see the stick awake, fidgeting with his hoodie that hung over his head lazily. "What're you still doing awake?" She asked genuinely. "You should get some rest." Nailea added.

"I'm not that tired." He shrugged.
"Plus, who's gonna take watch with you, hm?" He asked with a playful smile that covered his face. "I don't someone to take watch with me. I'm fine on my own." Nailea retorted. "Nobody is fine on their own." He pushed on, confidence evident in his voice. "Well, I am." This guy is infuriating yet amusing at the same time. "Whatever you say." He said smirking.

She rolled her eyes assuming that he wouldn't see her in the dark. "I saw that."

Nailea chuckled for the first time in the last few days. "Yea yea whatever, get some sleep would ya, stick?" He went closer to her, Harriet and Sonya and finally gave in. He laid his head on her shoulder, adding to the pile.

"It's Aris by the way." Soon after, she heard his soft breaths.

Nailea forced myself to stay up, watching over everyone. She smiled to herself after seeing her situation. There were girls —and a guy— laying all cuddled up with her. She felt safe, and she adored it.

She knew it was weird to think but, she's glad she went to the maze. Nailea didn't find her real brother yet, but in the meantime... She found myself a whole family.

This is my family.

---
status: edited

---status: edited

SARAH SPEAKS!

eww sentimental stuff 🤢🤮 jkjk

I think this is all I'm editing tonight cuz I wanna continue reading this fanfic I found, it's hilarious 🤭

ANYWAYS I'LL CONTINUE SOON or maybe I'll still continue rn guess you'll never know 🤯🤯🤯

lol ok cya later gaymers