𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘

"This is gross." Newt voiced as we walked through a dark sewage tunnel.

We've made a deal with Gally's boss, Lawrence. Gally, Me, Thomas and Newt were gonna get pass the walls.

If we're successful, he'll let us take a good amount of his guards to rescue Minho as long as we brought him back the serum that slows down the changing.

"Jesus. Yeah, this is great." Thomas's voiced laced with sarcasm. Gally reached over and flipped a switch.

The tunnel lit up, one light bulb at a time. "Stay with me. We got a ways to go."

And with that, we blindly followed him through the secluded tunnel in hopes of finding our friend.

---

We blended into the crowd easily, many wore masks and kept their eyes ahead. Not daring to make eye contact with any person.

"Fifteen minutes to mandatory curfew. Please proceed home in an orderly fashion. Remember, this is for your safety." A robotic voice echoed throughout the city.

"Curfew? That's lame." I raised my eyebrows.

We sprinted across the almost empty road, the only vehicles in sight were police patrol making sure that everyone was off the streets before curfew.

"They've definitely upped security. I'm guessing you shanks have something to do with that."

He led us to a ledge, the surroundings contained no people but we all looked around, paranoid.

"Newt, you're up." Gally gave Newt a boost with his hands and offered to help me up next.

"I got it." I deadpanned and jumped, pulling myself up on the ledge, Thomas doing the same.

We walked on a narrow ledge, up a staircase and onto a balcony without being seen. Then we finally found our destination.

"There it is. If W.C.K.D's got Minho,
that's where they're keeping him. Lawrence has been trying to find a way in for years. The place is crawling with soldiers."

"They got surveillance everywhere. Scanners on every floor." Gally explained.

"Sounds like a bloody fortress." I
looked at Newt. He gripped his wrist tightly, massaging it slightly. I took notice to it, making a mental note to ask him about it later on.

"Yeah, I thought you said you had a way in." Thomas said. "I might."

"You might? What the hell do you mean 'might'?"

Gally just looked at him then stepped back. "Take a look." He pointed to a scope that he set up minutes ago.

Thomas did so, and he didn't look too thrilled.

"I said I had a way in. I didn't say you were gonna like it." Gally admitted.

Newt and I did the same to see Teresa, peacefully taking notes in her lab.

---

"No. There's gotta be another way." Thomas despised Gally's plan. "Like what? You've seen the building. She is our only way in."

"You really think she's gonna help us?"

"I don't plan on asking for her permission." Gally said truthfully.