"This Is ...Incredible

At the End we ALL followed Michael into that tunnel. With our fingers we traced in wonder the light-lines. How did they work? The people of Bertaèyn were able to produce electricity or another kind of energy. I was burning to get my answers. And what about this crazy voice inside my head? This was all unreal to me, against all logic and disturbing.

Gaisgeil walked next to me, his hand held mine in a firm grip. We didn't talk, both lost in our own thoughts. His were probably about our safety, if we had to fight at one point....but mine....were different. I couldn't wait to get to our goal, no matter where Michael would lead us. I was tired of grabbing bits and pieces here and there. If I wouldn't get the whole picture, I would go crazy...

Than suddenly, we heard strange noises, a deep rhythmic thumping, I never heard before. 

It's some kind of machine, Callida. A machine, that produces our energy here in Bertaèyn.

The voice in my head didn't bother me anymore because I was too excited about the things it said. A machine? Like some kind of robot? I read about them...

The voice chuckled. No, not a robot. It's a very high adcanced technology, with a complicated engeneering. It's called cold nuclear fusion.

The terms the voice used, confused me. I had never heard them before. I felt bad and...stupid.

Don't be...you can not help it. We kept our world hidden and safe. Everyone who left Bertaèyn kept the secret, because they knew, we hold the keys to a peaceful future that must be saved at all costs, if mankind wants to survive...if our planet wants to survive.

I stumbled under the heaviness of the voice's words. The future of our planet?

"Mo ghaoil? Everything alright?", my worried destined asked, watching me carefully.

I nodded slowly. "It's too much right now", I whispered. "I feel so stupid and clueless."

Immediately I was engulfed in Gaisgeil's arms. "You are the most intelligent being I met in my life. Don't talk so low of yourself."

He lifted his head, listening. "What's that noise?", he muttered cautiously.

And than I heard it too. The noise became louder and louder. I sighed. "It's a machine that produces energy", I murmured. Gaisgeil watched me curiously with raised brows. 

"How do you know?" I leant my head on his chest. As I opened my mouth to answer, the voice interrupted.

Don't tell him, I beg you. Let us talk first alone. Besides...your destied wouldn't understand. 

So I will get to see you face to face?, I asked.

Yes, you will... 

I felt utterly annoyed. I didn't want to hide something substantial from my soulmate. It wasn't right! My patience was fading.

Only for a little while, Callida. First we have to talk. YOU have to understand so much, to process so much. Your whole world will change, Callida, the voice tried to reassure. 

"Come, we'll talk later", I muttered to my destined, who looked skeptical but followed my lead, unsatisfied by my diversion. Silently we reached the end of the tunnel. A round gate blocked our way. Again, a voice asked for a password. Michael put a small card on a black glass, typing something. Than, the gate opened...

 Than, the gate opened