Chapter 5

Jimin wasn't as used to the real world as Jungkook was. He didn't know about money and the problems a lot of people had with money, which is why he didn't understand why Jungkook was complaining, "They told my parents! Taehyung told Seokjin that I couldn't afford oil and then Seokjin called my mom and now my parents are going to pay for my oil, too, and they'll send me money for bills-"

"But that's good, isn't it, Kookie? Your parents are so sweet! You should be really happy." Jimin said. He ran his fingers through Jungkook's hair. The two of them had gotten into a habit lately- one that started with Jungkook and was happily supported by Jimin. When Jungkook was stressed, especially after having just come home, he would tug Jimin to the couch, would lay stomach-down on the robot and cuddle up against him, spill all of his problems as if Jimin were a temporary therapist- which, he really could be, he was so good with words.

"I am happy. Of course I'm happy. I'm really relieved, actually, but I just- I want to be independent, and having to rely on my parents for so much money isn't helping me be as independent as I want to be." Jungkook brought his arms to cross over one another on Jimin's chest, rest his chin on them. He pouted, looked at his robot with the pout reaching his eyes. "I feel guilty."

"You shouldn't. These are your parents- of course they're going to help you if you're in a predicament." Jimin said. He sat up slightly, tapped on the underside of Jungkook's chin and brought him in to kiss the tip of his nose. He hadn't quite gotten Jungkook to the point that Jungkook would kiss him, would be his boyfriend, but he'd only been with Jungkook for a couple months. He knew not to expect much; and he promised Seokjin he wouldn't.

"I know. I just- I'm sucking up all of their money. What- what am I supposed to do to give back? They've been taking care of me for over twenty years- it's about time they leave me to be on my own." Jungkook said. He let his gaze fall from Jimin's, down to his shoulder, where Jungkook's hand was resting. "I think if I had a kid that needed me as much as I need my parents I'd be sick of them by now."

"Parents never get sick of their kid, silly Jungkook. Kids are cute! And they're so lovely." Jimin said. He tapped his fingers along Jungkook's sides, another habit of his. This habit came out of Seokjin telling him that he couldn't stay still for long. It had something to with his body locking up, causing his heart to fail or his body to become unresponsive. Jimin didn't remember the details; but he did remember Seokjin telling him that was why he made Jimin in a way that he wouldn't need to sleep or charge.

"How do you know?" Jungkook muttered, looked at Jimin again, pouting still. He thought he resembled a little kid himself as he was saying, "Kids are needy and they whine all the time. Just like I'm whining right now- why aren't you sick of me either?"

Jungkook dropped his head with a long, loud sigh, his forehead against his arms, voice muffled against Jimin's chest. "Humans are just stupid and annoying in general. I'm glad Jin-hyung made me a robot- I could never fall in love with a person. I hate them all."

"You don't hate your Jin-hyung. Or Taehyung, and you don't hate your teachers, right? Or that boy that you think your friend should date. Hoseok?" Jimin asked. Jungkook looked up at him, shook his head. Jimin smiled, "See? You could fall in love with a person if you want to."

"I don't want to fall in love with a person. I don't want to fall in love at all- love is so overrated, and I'm too busy worrying about me to worry about loving someone else." Jungkook said. His shoulders dropped with his next sigh. "Isn't that narcissistic?"

"Uh. I wouldn't say. Just because you don't want to fall in love doesn't mean you're a narcissist." Jimin said. "I think you could call that overly independent, but love isn't required for humans to live. It is nice to be loved, however, and that's why I'm here. A person that doesn't at least receive love is bound to be lonely. Jin and I don't want that to happen."