No. 7 Chapter 6

Walking through the light snow falling down in the streets of Kure, the young engineer still sorted out points and arguments he wanted to talk with Prinz Eugen about. Pulling his coat collar further up over the lower part of his ears the young engineer almost slipped on a bit of ice on the walkway before orientating himself to be sure not to miss the bar he had said he would meet Prinz Eugen at. Looking over a crosswalk and cross section the young engineer found the place he was looking for. Briskly walking over the street he entered the bar.

Inside he passed by the entrance and took off his scarf while looking around for the cruiser or a suitable table to sit down at. Not finding Prinz Eugen, the young engineer decided to sit down in one of the tables further off the others. Taking off his coat and hanging it over the back of one of the chairs he sat down and grabbed the menu. Looking at it he waited for Prinz Eugen to show up while deciding if he should start the evening off with a tea or beer.

His excitement about what was to come made the passing of time feel like a snail's pace. Despite him only being 10 minutes earlier than their agreed upon time it felt to him like he was waiting over an hour until the cruiser would arrive. Trying to distract himself, the young engineer took the interior of the bar into his sight.

The Bar itself was just one elongated room with the bar counter in the center. The floor was wooden and its light brown made a contrast to the black and brick red walls and ceiling of the room. The tables were set along the wall opposite to the bar counter. They were made out of the same wood and polished in a similar manner as the wood of the floor, while the chairs and barstools were made out of a dark, balck painted wood. The other patrons of the establishment were half a dozen people wearing normal clothing. The staff was made up of two women who served as waitresses and bar counter staff and a larger, fit looking man who the young engineer guessed to be the insurance for the patron's good behavior. Having finished his observations, the young engineer brought his attention once more back to the two glass entrance doors of the bar. Waiting for the silver haired cruiser to walk through them.

After what felt like eternity the young engineer saw Prinz Eugens figure walking through the glass doors. Prinz Eugen had changed out of her combat uniform and had changed into a form fitting navy coat. Taking it off she wore a black turtleneck pullover and steel gray, knee long pencil skirt. Making eye contact with the young engineer, the cruiser acknowledged him with a nod and made her way over to his table.

"Good evening." He greeted her while standing up. "How are you doing?" Prinz Eugen replied with a personal question in return while sitting down. Taken back a bit the young engineer sat back down as well. "I am alright." He answered. "Was that the first time Akagi and Taiho tried to lay their hands on you?" She continued to question him. The young engineer waved her question off. "It was the first and only time. My stay here was a pleasant one until today." He answered the question in a tone that made clear he was not willing to talk about that topic. "Why are you here though?" He asked in return. "I am here to get you back. I never dismissed you from your position." She explained. "And why are you here?" He asked again, more serious this time.

Prinz Eugen leaned back on her chair. The young engineer looked at her with a dead serious expression on his face. She had seen this side of him only a few times. Only when he was not in the mood for any games or nonchalance. In those rare moments he resembled more his godfather, the Konteradmiral than himself. He was cold, exact and absolute to the point. "I am here because I wanted to see you and talk to you in person." She admitted after deliberating her words for a moment. "Since we had seen each other the last time I think it was more than necessary to have a followup conversation. At least to resolve the conflict." She explained. She watched the young engineer remaining silent for a couple of moments. She knew that he was thoroughly thinking about her words. It seemed he had not fully overcome the past situations between the two of them as well. She took the initiative with the desire to take control of the flow of the conversation.