No. 8 Chapter 2

"Exhaustion, stress and a mild case of altitude sickness is all the patient is suffering from." A nurse informed Prinz Eugen. "All he needs is some rest. Hence why he is not going to be discharged and no visitors are allowed." She added. "Come back tomorrow in the afternoon and I am sure by then visiting hours will be open." The nurse ended and went back to her paperwork behind the front desk of the hospital located in San Diego Naval Base. Prinz Eugen shrugged and walked back out of the hospital into the mild warmth of the cloud free January afternoon. She decided to postpone sending her message to the local attache of the Ironblood navy that she was here and went for a walk over to the barracks building that was still in use. She decided to go and meet everyone that was already here and introduce herself. She was also curious to see who else was going to join the celebration. She knew that Atago would be here in a couple of days, together with her sister Takao and a couple of the carriers. She suspected that the Royal Navy was going to send Repulse and Prince of Wales with them. The Ironblood cruiser smiled, she would make it a point to drink the Royal Navy battleship under the table again as she did in the Sakura Empire just days ago. Other than that she guessed to see perhaps one of the Iris Libre ships and at best one of the Sardegna Empires ships from their Dragon Empery station. Thinking about it, one or two of the Empires ships might show up as well. The thought of being around so many other ships without her rigging made the cruiser careful. She did not expect to get in trouble with any of them, but with her rigging in the blockaderunner Weser on its way through the Indian ocean towards Ironblood, she felt as if a part of her was missing. She was not afraid that the blockade runner would not make it. These conventional ships and their crews were experienced in traveling through the waters invested with Sirens and knew how to deal with them.

Walking through the courtyard and recreational area between two dorm buildings, Prinz Eugen realized that apparently no one was currently here. The Eagle Union ships seem to all still be on duty. Reminding herself to check for others later on, the cruiser made her way to her dorm room, which she got assigned. Arriving there she unlocked the door and entered. She flung the Duffel bag of her engineer on one of the chairs and placed her little traveling case next to it on the ground. She had almost forgotten that she carried them, since their weight felt like nothing to her. Looking at the paper that had assigned this room to her, she had to smile. For the engineer there was no extra room made ready and the two were supposed to share this 4 person room together. In her mind many potential situations and moments formed up to mess with her prude companion in so many amusing ways.

Sitting down on her bed she noticed something weird. The Duffel bag of her engineer was not tied shut the way it normally was. Instead of a reef knot there was just a basic knot in the rope to close it off on the top. She knew that the engineer wouldn't use that knot on his bag. He always complained that it is too bothersome to open up properly and quickly. That fact got her curious. She stood up again and walked over to the bag and untied the knot.
On top of the engineer's belongings she found a large envelope with the crescent of the Sakura Empire on it. Her curiosity got the better of her and she grabbed the envelope and carefully opened the seal with inhuman accuracy, leaving the glue seal undamaged. Inside she found a bunch of large, folded papers and a letter.

I hope this will serve you well in understanding how our ships can come into conscious being and how in my case my condition came into being as well.
This envelope contains a copy of my original blueprints, my post awakening protocol and limit breaking blueprints as well as a full situation report on my case from being awakened to an analysis of my being and condition.

I don't think I need to tell you that what I have given you here is highly confidential. I trust you and your integrity that after you have drawn your conclusions from my case, that you will honor the trust I have invested in you and dispose of these documents properly and handle what you have learned with discretion.
I wish you the best of luck and great achievements in the future.