daisies

A/N: I realised I skipped some chapters while cross-posting this story here. So I'm re-uploading the missing chapters that I didn't upload from chapter 5 onwards. Sorry and thank you for reading :)
...

chapter six

.

.

.

Daisies (are flowers used in a popular game in which one plucks the petals one by one while reciting, "he loves me," or "he loves me not," and the last petal decides whether their crush returns the mutual feelings or not.)

...

Soft white locks framed his face, bright blue eyes shimmering with mirth as a grin tugged his lips upwards, breezy laughter drowning out in the enormous gymnasium as he stood amidst his friends, raising a toned arm to wipe the beads of sweat off his brow. A water bottle was tossed in the air, and he quickly caught it, all five fingers gently squeezing the plastic.

Frost crept along the bottle's surface, his hand moving for the lid as he chatted amiably, decked in the school's navy blue basketball uniform.

The friend at his right shuffled closer, murmuring something near his ear, and blue eyes flared up in surprise as he perked up, gaze swivelling to the far corner of the benches.

Ocean blue clashed with crimson red, and Ayane tensed, snapping her gaze forward instantly. Warmth slid up her neck, heating her cheeks as her quickened pulse drummed in her ears. She peeked back from the corner of her eyes, founding him engaged in conversation once more, and the girl released a sigh she wasn't aware she was holding back till now.

This feeling. Ayane pressed a hand against her chest, palm flattening over her thrumming heart as she grimaced, face still warm. What is this?

"—so if y-you wanna come too?"

Ayane blinked once, dropping her hands loosely in her lap and turned her head to meet pools of curious deep green staring at her.

"I'm sorry," she shook her head, pony tail swishing from side to side as an apologetic smile touched her lips. "I didn't quite catch that, Izu-kun."

Izuku shifted from beside the bench, smiling sheepishly. He swung his legs idly while his gaze fell on the floor. "It's okay, Ayacchan. It was nothing important anyway."

Her lips curving into a frown, Ayane clenched the curve of the bench as she sat up straighter.

"Izu-kun." A hand landed on his shoulder, making him lift his head.  Ayane met his gaze firmly, fingers squeezing gently. "Nothing you say is unimportant, alright?"

Pink dusted across freckled cheeks when Izuku jerked in his spot, nodding vigorously as he wrung his hands together, stammering. "Y-yeah! So th-there's actually this s-small fan made All M-Might convention this weekend and I thought maybe if you wanna—"

Hands clapped together loudly, all eyes turning towards the well built woman standing near the benches. The gym instructor was a short structured woman, standing tall and proud with her toned arms crossed across her chest. She huffed, glare focusing on her students. She cocked her head to the side, eyes changing from dark grey to a bright yellow.

Izuku's fingers itched a little, mumbling something about the woman's Quirk, but flinched when she shot him a frosty glare.

"Listen up, kiddies." She bellowed, hands set on her hips. "We're gonna have a nice game of dodgeball here. Don't let me catch anyone using their Quirks, understood?"