white lilacs

chapter one:

.

.

.

white lilacs: (symbolize) first meetings and youthful innocence.
.

"Gotch ya!"

A body fell on the ground with a loud thud, small hands cupped against the cool, chipped floor. Pink lips curled upwards into a triumphant smile, fingers tightening as she shifted backwards to sit on her bottom, hands still cupped together.

Bright, eager red eyes sparkled excitedly as she slowly uncurled her fingers, then stared when she found empty space between her palms. "What the—"

There was a soft presence on the tip of her nose, and she blinked as the butterfly settled on her nose, waving its deep blue blue wings. Crimson eyes narrowed, tiny hands flying towards her face, only to cup around her nose as the butterfly fluttered away in the last moment. In a flash, she was on her feet, arm shooting out and she glared as her fist caught nothing but air.

Teeth gritting together in frustration, she boosted upwards, sprinting into the air as she reached for the insect once more but she tripped, tumbling to the floor in a heap. She frowned, pushing herself on her feet and soon, she was running forward, making her way between the various flower pots in the plant nursery.

"Mama!"

The glass door slid open, and small bare feel thudded against the cool pale tiles. "Mama!"

"I'm at the counter, Ayane!"

Ayane puffed her cheeks, skipping beside the counter where her mother stood along with another woman, chatting amiably when small fists gripped the edge of her dirt covered apron, and silver eyes shifted downwards, brows raising on her daughter's childish pout.

"Where's the butterfly net?" Ayane inquired hurriedly, tugging at the apron again.

"Is she your daughter?"

The unfamiliar voice catching her attention, Ayane glanced upwards, meeting the soft gaze of the other woman. Silky green hair framed her face, deep emerald eyes gazing down at her as a gentle smile stretched her lips. "She's adorable."

"Yes," her mother smiled back, hand falling down to pat her daughter's head. "This is Ayane. Ayane, meet Midoriya-san. She's here to buy some flowers for her apartment."

"Oh, Inko is fine, Natsumi-chan." The green haired woman responded softly, gaze falling back to the child once more. "Has... Aya-chan got her Quirk yet?"

Ayane tapped her foot impatiently, waiting for them to finish their conversion quickly, but blinked as she felt her mother stiffen momentarily, forcing a smile as her fingers threaded into uneven orange hair . "Er, not yet. She's only five. Me and her father think she's gonna be late bloomer, no?"

"I understand," Inko nodded in agreement, laughing nervously. "My Izuku hasn't got his Quirk yet either." She said, then paused, gaze snapping around the flower shop in slight panic. "W-where is Izuku though?!"

"No worries, he might have wandered into the nursery," her mother responded calmly. "Ayane, why don't you go and make sure he's alright, hm?"

Despite wanting to protest, the girl huffed, obliging as she turned around and started to make her way sluggishly towards the nursery. Though she paused near the doorway, a smile splitting her lips when she found the butterfly net lying near the entrance and she quickly snatched it off, darting in through the open glass doors.