Chapter-15: Class trial-1 part-6

3rd POV
Are you suggesting something?" Kyoko asks him
"You tell me..." Kenta says
"Well, before we get too far into that, I need to ask... Can we really be sure that Sayaka is the one who wrote it?" Celeste wonders
"Her left index finger had blood on it. That could only be because she used that finger to write themessage." Makoto explains
"I see... She broke her right wrist during the fight, so she'd have to use her left hand to write..." Ishimaru says
"Sure, I think we can all agree Sayaka wrote it, but still... What the heck do those numbers mean? 11037?" Aoi asks
"Before we get into that… I've got a question for everyone," Kenta speaks up.
"What the hell do you want?" Mondo asks him.
"Well this question is mainly for Makoto, but you guys can answer too if you want." Kenta begins.
"Anyways… after we had found the body, we were all told to gather in the gymnasium, right? And once we were there, Monokuma had explained what a class trial was, correct?" He asks everyone. "That's… correct," Kyoko says with a slightly confused expression.
"So then… the only people that knew how a class trial worked, were the people that were there at the time. And since nobody has died since then, the only person that wouldn't know what a class trial was at all is someone who isn't here right now." Kentaexplains to everyone.
"But… the only person not here is Sayaka." Makoto points out, to which Kenta doesn't respond to for a while.
"...Do you know what that means, Makoto?" Kenta asks, but Makoto's silence paired with his nervous expression tells Kenta he doesn't.
"What I'm trying to get at here is... If Sayaka hadn't died, she would be standing here instead of the killer.  That lousy excuse of an idol would totally have cracked under the pressure by now and confessed..." Kenta grumbles as the entire atmosphere of the room starts feeling heavier
"That's why she's better off dead anyway..." Once he finished speaking, the courtroom was completely silent.
Everyone stared at Kenta with expressions of either fear,or a complete lack of care.
Makoto was the first to open his mouth, but it seems Kenta I wasn't done talking just yet.
"Ah, well... I suppose Sayaka's lack of knowledge on the rules could mean something else.... but, since I'm not her and she never explained the why of everything to me, my guess would just be meaningless conjecture, so we should just forget about that. Except for you, Makoto. If you heard my theory I'm confident you'd immediately want it to be true." Kenta tells Makoto, who just looked confused at this point.
He could feel Kenta was trying to allude to something, something about Sayaka. Not necessarily regarding the case, but regarding Sayaka in specific. Before he could question Kenta about what he meant, he had already gotten back to the topic of the trial
"Those numbers, 11037. Sayaka wrote those as her supposed dying message." Kenta says with air quotes.
"What do you think they mean?" He asks everyone.
"...." Makoto stares at him in silence, still trying to understand what that was all about before. Eventually, he just tries to forget about it and move on.
"Hey Kenta, Chihiro you are both computer nerds or whatever, right? You should know all about numbers and shit!" Mondo says, choosing not to acknowledge Kenta for now. Mondo doesn't want to go against Kenta.
"N-No, that's not... Yes, I'm a programmer, but I don't see any kind of meaning in these numbers." Chihiro admits
"...Of course. It's because... they're not just numbers." Kyoko tells them.
"Oh! Yeah, it looks like..." Hifumi mutters as he slowly realizes
"Huh? What? What!?" Mondo asks him "
No, it's just... looks at the numbers assuming they're not numbers. Don't these first two, 11, look less like two numbers and more like one letter?" Hifumi points out
"Ah, you're right! The connecting line is barely there, so I assumed it was 11, but... Looking at it now, you could also read it as an N!" Chihiro says
"Whoa! You might've finally just said something worth a shit!" Mondo tells hifumi
"I suppose watching ace attorney did wonders," Hifumi said with a proud grin.
"Bwehehe! Our little grey cells are really getting excited now!" Hifumi exclaims
"But even if that really is an N, "N037" doesn't make any more sense than before..." Sakura says
"...Instead of looking at the message from your perspective, try looking at it from Sayaka's," Kenta suggests, which causes everyone to look confused for a moment.
"...Rotate the image 180 degrees." Kenta speaks up.
"About time..." Kenta murmurs with a sigh.
"Oh my god... Now I see! She wrote down the killer's name..." Makoto tells everyone as he realizes it.
"Huh!? You just shot past the clue part and right on to who did it!" Aoi exclaims
"So wh-whose name did sh-she write...?" Toko asks
"The key to solving this mystery was simply to rotate the writing 180 degrees. If you turn the message around... ...it becomes the letters L-E-O-N." "L-E-O-N... or more accurately, Leon!" Makoto exclaims as he points towards the accused, who immediately adopts a panicked expression.
"Wh-!? What the hell are you talking about!? I-It's just a coincidence!" Leon shouts as soon as he realizes what's happening.
"It's just a bunch of random squiggles that happen to look like my name!" He says
"No, it's not random at all." Kyoko tells him
"She wrote that message on the wall behind her as she was leaning up against it. In that position, she couldn't move to write normally and had to write upside down, as it were. And as a result... When you look at it standing in front of her, it ends up getting flipped. Try it for yourself, if you want. Write something sitting like her, and the letters will be inverted." She explains to everyone
"Th-That sounds like one hell of a stretch to me...! I'm the killer!? You can't just go and say shit like that!" Leon tells her
"If you're not the killer, then why did you try to destroy the evidence?" Kentaasks him
"...Huh?"
"Oops. Seems I spoke out of turn." Kenta would say as he smiles.
"Wait, what do you mean by destroyed evidence?" Makoto asks him.
"Well… you checked the incinerator room, correct? You should know that there's something there that seemed a bit out of place." Kenta would explain to him.
"Out of place? Well…" Makoto would trail off as he took a moment to think about what Kenta was suggesting.
"Well… when I checked the room, I saw that the incinerator was on… and on the floor in front of it was a bunch of broken glass and a blood stain." He would explain.
"I wonder… what could the blood mean." Kenta would say.
"Why can't you just tell us already ?" Mondo asks him, clearly getting angrier and angrier from the boy's nonsense. All he could do is talk and talk he can't punch Kenta which irritated him.
"Sheesh… no need to get so frustrated. If you want, I'll give you one last hint, okay?" Kenta would offer everyone.
"Alright so…. we can all agree that the incinerator was used for something, right? When I checked the room, that was the only thing I didn't touch. So… what do you think would have been thrown into the incinerator that would have blood on it?" He asks everyone, which leaves them silent for a moment.
"Well… the only thing covered inblood that the killer couldn't leave at the scene and had to get rid of… must be something that if found would immediately reveal them to everyone." Kyoko points out to everyone.
"Then… was it… clothes?" Makoto would ask with a conflicted expression.
"Well Kenta, is that what it is?" Kyoko would ask the boy, who was being awfully silent.
"Finally after a long time." Kenta would sigh as he looked over to Makoto.
"Nevertheless you are correct, the killer had tried destroying their bloodied clothes. After all, had we found the clothes covered in blood, it would be obvious who did it." Kenta explains to everyone.
"But… how exactly do you know this?" Byakuya would ask him.
"Well... I had taken a trip to the incinerator room during the investigation as you all probably figured by now. And thanks to hifumi, I was able to use the trash room key and make my way to the incinerator. There, I found one small thing there that proves the killer tried throwing out some clothing. So… I saw an opportunity and took it before anyone else found it." Kenta explains to him.
"So in other words, you purposely tampered with evidence?" Byakuya asks for clarification
"Correct! I wanted to add to the shock factor, and I believe this definitely made for an interesting development, wouldn't you say?" Kenta asks everyone
"It definitely is intriguing, I will admit." Byakuya says with a chuckle
[A/n : Byakuya taking notes from kenta]
"Just show us it already." Aoi asks Kenta
"So pushy... But fine. Here it is." Kenta pulls out a burnt piece of clothing fabric from his pocket that has a few blood stains on it.
"What is that?" Yasuhiro asks
"Well, you see... I found this bad boy by the incinerator. It looks like a sleeve of some kind. Plus there's some blood on it as well. As for the rest, I'm sure you can all figure it out for yourselves." Kenta explains
"As the killer stabbed Sayaka, they must have gotten some of her blood on them.And to dispose of the shirt covered in the victim's blood, they threw it into the incinerator. But one piece burned off and got left behind..." Kyoko says what she believes to be an explanation
"And the killer didn't notice. If they had, they most certainly would have panicked. Isn't that right, Leon?" She asks with a stern expression
"Wh-Wh-Wh-Wh-!?" Leon exclaims