The weekend slowly dragged on and Hope twirled and turned on the bed touching her phone and dropping it as she dabbles with the thought of giving Faith a call. She missed her a lot. But she knew by looking at the time that Faith would be with Tammy, her boyfriend. Or Tammy, would be with Faith. Whichever was more suitable.

Hope had met Tammy before he met her. She had seen him from a distance talking to Faith before they were introduced to each other. When Faith started going off about "my boyfriend this" and "my boyfriend that" she nursed fears that she wouldn't like him and at one time or another, she voiced it out although that didn't deter Faith from dating him.

When they finally met, he didn't try to get her to like him. It was in a restaurant and he came 15 minutes late after she couldn't handle another one of Faith's "I'm sorry, he's not usually this late." When he entered, she knew that he was the one. You could even catch some girls give him 'the stare' despite the fact that they had a date in front of them. He had caused quite a scene and she laughed when she caught Faith on the defence.

"I'm so sorry ladies." He said fling a winning smile. "I'm usually not this late."

Hope groaned. Not again.

He quickly ordered food for the ladies. Toyin, Edna and Amara had been excited at the thought of free food. All but her. She declined.

"no eat na, hunger go kill." He smirked a smile dancing in his eyes as she stared at him before bursting into laugh. It was then she liked him. He was alright.

After the girls had gone and it was just Faith, her and Tammy, he ordered an extra plate of food before walking them to their lodge. They walked hand in hand with their body leaning into the other, yet, she did not feel like a third wheel. He made sure to make her feel comfortable asking questions and making small talk every now and then. When they got to the lodge, the stopped outside.

"So where are you from?"

Hope knew Faith had told him where she was from. She rolled her eyes. "I'm from Ogoni." She answered. "What about you? Where are you from?"

He produced a big toothy grin. "I'm Tambari Kamenabali."

Hope did a retake on the name and half screamed. "Wait!! What?" Hope spits as she cocks her head, shock written all over her face. "You're from Ogoni?" She asked. She turned to Faith and hit her. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"you didn't ask." Faith drawled out.

"Hey, feminist, if you hit my babe again, I'll knock you out." Tammy says laughing and Hope eyes him.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Faith says you're a feminist. I am too" he says. "Mostly because of my sisters but what the hell."

Hope smiles at him. "It's a noble course."

"Yeaah it is. But for me, it's my life." Tammy adds looking so serious now. After a while, he softens. "Do you wanna meet sometime, of course my girl will be there so we don't cheat on her-"

Faith gives him a very hard punch and they all laugh.

"- all the same, I'd like to talk some project I'm working on with you girls." He gives a curt smile.

Hope smiles. "I'd like that sometimes."

"Okay captain John." Tammy salutes Hope calling her by her surname. "Goodnight."

She saluted him. "Goodnight Tams." Then she walked into the brown gate giving the couple some privacy as they continued laughing and playing.

Hope couldn't wait to get all the dirty details when Faith would come in. But that night, Faith did not come. She had spent the night with Tammy.

Hope squints her eyes as her travel down the memory lane was interrupted by a poster covering her eyes. "Yes?"

"Dress up let's step out." Abigail says.

Hope cocks her head. "What? Why? No."

Abigail smiles. "Which do you want me to answer?"

"None cause I'm not going anywhere. I don't even know you."

"wow." Abigail feigns surprised. "You are really honest."

"Well I'm busy." Hope voices with a note of finality.

"No, you're not. You're just being difficult."

"And you aren't?" Hope asks'

Abigail heaves a sigh to show that her patience was beginning to wear thin. "I'm going to get your clothes from your wardrobe."

Hope stands and dashes across the room. "Fine I'll go, but only if you promise to get off my back."

Abigail looks at her in deep thought. "I promise to get off your back, but after this can you get off mine?"

**********

The symposium was one of the best things that Hope had come across. They talked from gender rights and equality to everything human rights, even tackling some aspects of law. Interestingly, Abigail happened to be part of the guest speaker. She moved flawlessly, and so with an air of authority holding many at a transfix. She knew when to make the crowd laugh and get them serious. The young woman was awesome: a two-time nominee on Changing our Nation through their Voice and a volunteer with Amnesty International.

After the programme, Hope lingered around while Abigail shook hands with the honorary guests before she was called here and there. Finally, she sighted Abigail talking with some girls who she recognized as her roomie's friend. They looked at her and she stared back not cowering a bit. They raised their hands and waved. She reciprocated the action.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." Abigail said once she approached Hope. "You ready to go?"

Hope nods her head like an Agama as if she forgot the purpose of her mouth. They walk back in silence until Abigail breaks it.

"How was the programme?"

"It was alright."

They walked some more before Abigail spoke again. "I should've asked you; I don't know if you'd like to go for the after party, my friends are headed there."

Hope winces. She nods again but in the negative. Hope wished she could be anywhere but here. "Why did you invite me to this symposium?" hope asked and she bit her lips wishing she could retract her words. But what has been done is done.

"You looked like the room was suffocating you."

"So, I was charity?" Hope dares.

"No." Abigail replies curtly her tone sharp, clearly hurt by the accusations.

Hope feels a little remorse and decides to cheer her up. "You know that for an activist you're pretty annoying."

Abigail laughs looking at Hope intently. "You're very awkward. Was that a way of apologizing to me." She laughs some more and Hope stares at her.

Hope battled with the burning in her chest. She wished she could laugh the way Abigail did. It was light and fluffy and held layers of innocence. A laughter without constrictions, just living in the now.

Both ladies stepped in their room and Hope faces the wall undressing as Abigail does the same. Hope showers first changing into her nightie and Abigail changes to a party gown.

"Hope." Abigail calls about to step out. "You weren't charity." She mouths bye as the door closes and her retreating steps are heard.

Hope jumps to stand in front of the mirror looking at her face as she practices a smile. She hadn't done that without cramming it for a while now. She could do this more often.