It was a Thursday evening and Hope battled with the lonely that creeped in and slowly enveloped her. she touched her phone for the hundredth time and dropping it back down. People dressing up with placards and leaving. The protest commencing nationally in the evening. Abigail had left for her friend's lodge leaving Hope behind. Since the exchange they'd taken a cool towards each other the room always quiet but noisy with silence.

Hope sat in her room looking through the window at people board cab for the protest. She heard it was a peaceful protest. They were seeking change. When had Nigeria ever had a peaceful protest? It always started peaceful before the table turned. She was being smart and minding her business, the image of the body she'd seen at 16 years humbling her. besides, she had her books to read. Law wasn't easy.

************

Faith held her placard high above her head as she joined in the chant with the many voices that chanted the mantra "#EndSars". The words on her placard "Justice for Tammy. iPhone No Be Crime!"

The ground marched from the school gate to Lemov Estate close to the Police station without fear of being apprehended. All the while chanting, singing and making new friends. By afternoon, the main road had been blocked by the crowd, oncoming cars moved on one lane. Some angry at the inconvenience but others calling them the next generation that would bring change. The country was united on the forefront with the teenagers and young adults, the adults giving their support.

At Hubba market, old women and traders fed them for lunch, giving drinks and biscuits to the tired. "Us we don old na, we no go fit follow una do this one. Na like this we go help."

Faith heart swelled with pride for her people and her eyes with tears. Tears that she could freely shed for her own now being called a fallen hero. She wished he was here. This is for you. Andrew wiped her tears

She had sent a text to the group chat asking everyone to come out to honour Tammy. Everyone did, but Hope. Her eyes burnt. It wasn't supposed to hurt but it did. Tammy had taken her as a sister.

************

Hope dragged her legs on the ground, the action gathering dust. Her nose itched and her eyes getting red, she, immediately regretting the action. She had a terrible reaction to dust and it embarrassed her when she least wanted.

She suddenly faltered in her steps as she lifted up her eyes and it landed on the figure in front of her room. The person turned sharply and Hope sucks in a sharp painful breath. It was better not to see them as it eased the aching pain in her heart and somehow, she was believing that it would mean that the turn of events never occurred. Clearly, she had been deceiving herself.

"Hi," Hope sputters when she reaches her door.

Faith nods her head. "Hey."

Hope fondles with the key as she fished it out of her bag as she makes to open it, Faith speaks up. "How are you."

Hope chuckles to herself, she was supposed to be asking Faith that question and not the other way round. She turns the knob of the door, pushing it open. "I'm fine." She answered. She gestured to Faith to step in and she swiftly pointed to the bed where she should sit, the bed dressed with a black mattress designed with little baby pirates.

Hope goes for her fridge the only thing making a sound in the room and in the moment, she loved the Thermocool beauty. She brought out a snack and handed it over to her.

"Still a snack freak?" Faith asked taking the snacks, a sad smile dancing by the corner of her lips.

Hope is quiet as she realizes that Faith is thinking about Tammy. She comes close and seats close to her munching a chocolate she grabbed from her fridge. "How are you?" she asked.