The buzz around the country on every social media platform was the #EndSars protest and it all balled down to one thing: a better Nigeria.

The protesters gathered on the expressway blocking the toll gate of Harcourt Brace and twitter took to announcing that by 4pm there would be no movement and anyone who desired movement was to leave the state before then as the crowd would not move a quarter. They tagged it "Candle Night" and for every name mentioned, there was a sad story behind it.

Names were mentioned and a close relative, lover or friend stepped out and revealed what had happened.

Hope standing by Faith held her close as she unconsciously retreated. Andrew and Edna touched her lovingly edging her on towards the microphone. Hope wiped a tear that slipped from her eyes as Faith advanced forward revealing Tammy's picture. She thought Faith looked so small and frail, exhaustion showing on her face. This was the longest time she had gone without seeing Faith with Tammy; at other times it was the Holiday that separated them.

"Tammy was the love of my life." Faith started and the crowd fell dead pan silent. "It wasn't after his death did, I find out that –" her voiced cracked as a sob was wrenched from her throat. The crowd looked on no one in a rush. Hope started towards her and put her where she belonged. In her arms. "I'm sorry, my hormones are messing with me." She apologized.

"I found out that I was pregnant." The crowd gasped in shock. "We went to a friend's party and while we were going, some officers at Lemov stared at me like I was a piece of meat to be devoured. It wasn't while we were coming back did, they attack us. Tammy risked his life and told me to run." She shivered against Hope's hands as if she were cold. "I ran on his command – I should have stayed." She stopped as her shaky voice broke, the wind carrying the words into people's heart to be passed on to generations forever.

"I heard it while another of the officer was after me. They shot him. They called hm a yahoo boy and I was a prostitute who they wanted a share of." A deviant look crossed her face. "But Tammy knew what would happen and he did it anyway. He is my super hero."

Movements ensued as people wiped their eyes, no one cared about being a male or female. They lit his photo on fire and put his candle burning paying him tribute. Other names were mentioned and their story shared. This was not a night of joy or rejoicing but together, everyone was looking at the same thing in the same direction with one voice and one heart.

With candles still raised the crowd went into a steady rhythm of #EndSars. Above drones moved getting everything on camera. This was a peaceful protest.