Sick Gen 🌠🌧️ pt2

Read pt1!

Senku POV:

Dammit Mentalist... You fainted again. You should've told me sooner. I could've cured you and you wouldn't have to go through this!
"Oi! Kohaku, bring Chrome, Kaseki and Ruri here!"

If Gen got pneumonia from Ruri, we could use the sulfa drug, but since Gen is anemic and we don't have the same immunity system as the villagers, his state is becoming worse faster. The sulfa drug could maybe treat it, but if he's had pneumonia for long it there's a chance it evolved in Cystic Fibrosis.

Kohaku kept changing towels and put them on Gen's forehead. He has a fever. I'm so scared. So so scared.. What if I lose him? He's my only one. He's the only person I've ever felt like this for.. After Chrome leaves to make more sulfa drugs with Kohaku helping guard the observatory, it was only me, Gen and Ruri in the room.

"Ruri.. Do you perhaps know how you made the illness advance slower?"
"Well, the hot water Kohaku brought every day helped a lot. But since you said that we have different immunity systems, I'm not sure it'll work on Gen".
"Alright... Then do you have some special tea with some mint or other spices? It should make his blood calm down and not rush everywhere. It'll calm his fever down".
"Of course, I'll go to my hut and grab some".

After Ruri left, Gen suddenly started opening his eyes. He clearly couldn't see well, but at least he's now conscious.
"Senku-Chan..?"
"I'm right here Mentalist".
"It hurts. My lungs... It hurts to breathe".
"I know. It'll get better, I promise".
"Don't leave me Senku-Chan.."
"I won't. I'm never leaving your side".

Gen teared up a bit. It's obvious the pain is making him feel uncomfortable. Cystic Fibrosis is basically a death sentence in the stone world. It affects your lungs with bacteria, making it hard to breathe. If it's not treated quickly, it infects the pancreas, kidneys and liver.

"Senku-Chan... Can the sulfa drug help..?"
"Of course it will. Cystic fibrosis and pneumonia are from the same bacteria family so it'll definitely help. Now tell me Gen, how long have you had the disease?"
"Quite a while actually... In fact *cough*, I've been having symptoms from the modern world. When I was revived by Tsukasa, the symptoms stopped showing so I assumed I was cured.. A few months ago I started to cough and have difficulty breathing again. I just thought they were seasonal allergies.. ".
"Alright then... Please stop talking for a while. It's going to overwork your lungs. Ruri will come back with some tea in a few minutes. Chrome and Suika are working hard to make more sulfa drugs. You'll be fine.. You'll surely be fine.."
Gen nodded and closed his eyes. He's probably tired from talking and having difficulty breathing.

Ruri came back with tea and we waited a bit for Gen's body to rest before he drank it. Shortly after Gen drank the tea, Chrome came back with a whole bottle full of the sulfa drug. After Gen took some of the antibiotics, he went back to sleep.

Now I've made him a daily routine he should have every day to cure the disease.

10am - wake up
12am - tea + sulfa drug time
3pm - tea time + lunch
5pm - sulfa drung time again
7pm - hot bath + dinner
9pm - tea + sulfa drug time
9:30pm - body and state analysis
10pm - sleep

Of course, between meal times or such he will have tasks to help the village. Since he's sick, he'll obviously have easier ones such as: delivering lunch or dinner to the villagers, sewing pillows/blankets or helping with the cooking.

Hopefully the Cystic Fibrosis won't stick around for long...

Gen POV:

Thanks to Senku-Chan, I've been getting better and better! Breathing is so much easier now, it doesn't hurt as much as before. My bones are weak from having my kidneys weakened. Senku-Chan said that my blood now has a higher chance of getting certain blood diseases because my kidneys don't work as efficient as before (for now) and that causes my bones to be weak.

Even though I'm enjoying having easy tasks, I can't help but feel useless for the village.. I'm not doing much to help around and constantly coughing with Senku by my side is getting me some weird looks. Even Suika does more for everyone than me. I'm just another person they have to take care of. I'm such a burden! I know this might not help my condition, but it'll help the village advance faster!

From now on, even if I'm sick, I'll help the village as much as I can!

Senku POV:

In these past few days Gen has been.. Overworking himself. In the sense that he's not doing only his easy tasks, he's doing some other difficult ones such as carrying logs of wood to the village. It's clearly not a good thing to do while he's sick. I guess I'll talk it out with him during nighttime..

~~~~~

"Mentalist, care to explain why you've been overworking yourself?"
"What do you mean Senku-Chan~? I've been doing some easy tasks, just like you've asked!"
"Cut the shit. Carrying heavy objects and materia isn't easy. I already explained your bones are weak".
"But it's not fair Senku-Chan!"
"How is it not fair?! You could literally DIE from Cystic Fibrosis!"

"IT'S NOT FAIR I'M A BURDEN TO EVERYONE!"

"..." Gen started crying. I quickly pulled him into a hug to calm him down.
"Why.. Would you think that?"
"Because everyone is working so so hard while I'm just *sob* sitting here doing nothing..! Everyone is constantly worried about me, especially you Senku-Chan! You should worry about the war not me! It's not fair I'm worrying everyone... It's not fair I can't do anything. It's not fair I'm... Weak.. ".

"Gen... Darling you know you're my number one priority, right? It's normal for me to worry about you. While you were out for 2 days, I couldn't stop crying. I really thought I lost you. You're not weak. Just because you got Cystic Fibrosis, it doesn't mean you're weak. Nobody can avoid diseases like that. It was unexpected. It'll get better. I promise. You'll get better and soon be able to help everyone else. Until then... Make sure to take care of yourself so you get healed".

"Senku-Chan.. Call me pet names more often.. It's making me feel all giggly inside".
"Okay love. I'll call you pet names eveeery single day. Just for you. Just get better".

I kiss him on the forehead and lay him down.
"Senku-Chan what are you- AHAH STOPP PLEASE-"
"Nah, I missed your laugh".
"N-NOOO STOP IT HAHAHAH PFFT P-PLEASE-"
"Please what? I need proper sentences Mentalist".
"S-STOP TICKLING ME BAHAHAH IT HURTSSSS HIHI".
"Your laughs are saying something else".
"AHAHAH NOT FAIRRR".
"Keep saying that, you're clearly loving my affection".
"Aha... Okay you win.. Can we cuddle now?"
"Of course my love".

1177 words
Hiya, I may continue this with Gen getting healed or ending it here. Tell me what you guys think!
See ya!