What If... 🌠🌧️

Gen POV:

"What if dad was here?"
I turn around to see Senku-Chan staring at the stars. His face didn't show it, but I could see he was sad. I mean, he had quite a good reason. He didn't get to mourn over his dad properly.
"What do you mean by that?"
"I mean- Would he support us.. Would he help me restore humanity? Would he accept you as my lover-? There's so many things I want to ask him, but..."

"I'm sure he was a wonderful father. He would definitely help you through everything. You're his son, aren't you? And you two seem to have a close relationship. I'm sure that if he was alive, he'd be very proud of you". I gently squeeze his hand to make him look at me. He looks so.. Sad. I've never seen him this saddened before.

"I miss him. I miss him a lot".
"I know you do. But he did it all for you, didn't he? He went out of his way to create the Ishigami Village in order to help you out with restoring humanity. He has faith in you. I'm sure he's watching you from up there, behind the stars".

"But stars are bigger than planets-"
"I'm trying to be romantic. Shush Senku-Chan".
"..... How about your parents?"
"I'm not sure if it's the right time to talk about them".
"We're they... Really that bad? I mean, only if you're comfortable with telling me".
Senku-Chan pulls me in his arms and lays his back on the wall.

"They weren't the nicest parents growing up.. Always expecting the best out of me, you know? I never had the chance to discover myself as I was always busy accomplishing what they wanted. Maybe that's why I like physiology so much.. It opened the door to my self discovery".

"I'm glad we met".
"Huh?"
"You also opened a new door for me. Being the mentalist you are, you made me open up about my feelings more. You're one work of art".
"Thank you Senku-Chan~. But now I'll confess something to you. You know you can always let out your emotions when you're with me right?"
"I'm sorry, what are you on about?"

"You're holding back tears. You didn't get to mourn over your father properly and now you're hiding it. You can let it out". I gently pat his back and pull him into a hug. "It's okay, I got you. You can cry. You can get angry. You can express any kind of hidden emotion you have".

As expected, this shocked Senku. He slowly wrapped his arms around me and started letting out tears.
"It's okay Senku-Chan. You're not in this alone. I'm sure it must be hard for you to lead the whole Ishigami Village alone". He quickly nodded before burying his face in my shoulder.

"Shh it's alright. I got you. You don't have to go through this alone. I'm here with you". He started crying harder. He probably associates my words with his fathers. I start humming one of Lilians songs to help Senku relax, which did help in a way. His breathing calmed down and he started to stop crying.

He slowly gave me a peek on my lips before muttering out:
"Thank you..for being there for me. I really appreciate it Mentalist".
"It's nothing Senku-Chan~. After all, we're going to hell together, aren't we?"

"Heh.. You're damn right mentalist!"