8

Om: Gauri, I know I've hurt you a lot and I don't even deserve your forgiveness but I just want to tell you everything. Everything that I have deep in my heart. And I promise, whatever decision you take, I'll accept that. But I can't go away without trying once. I'll answer all your questions, all the questions that I was never able to answer.

Omkara walked closer to her.

Om: Gauri you asked me your value in my life right? The answer is, you are my life. Without you, I'm nothing, my life is nothing without you being a part of it. Without you it's darkness everywhere. I was completely engulfed by darkness when you stepped into my life and became the moon that started to light up the darkness in my heart. And I don't know when or how but my heart started beating for you. I couldn't explain it, put it into words why I felt all that for you, why I couldn't see you in pain, why my heart broke each time I accused you, why it hurt me to see you hurt. It took me long to realise why. But now I know why.
Gauri: kyu?
(Why) Gauri asked innocently.

Om smiled with tears filled in his eyes and walked towards her and held both her hands in his before he continued

Om: Tumne mujhe apna bhagwan samjha tha na Gauri, par sach to yeh hain ki main bhagwan kehlane layak hi nahi hoon. Maine kabhi bhagvan pe vishwaas nahi kiya hain, haan bohut pehle karta tha, par halat ke wajah se un par se mera vishwaas tut gaya tha. Bohut suna hain ki log bhagvan ko doondte doondte pahad chad jaate hain. Lekin mujhe meri khuda mil gayi. Tum. Tum ho meri bhagwan. Marriage, love, I had stopped beliving in it all...But you made me belive in it again. You made me meet myself again. For me everything was just either black or white, but you showed me the grey in between, the colours around. Gauri, I know I'm a duffer, but honestly I was scared, scared that my trust will be broken again, that my heart will not be able to handle another cheat, that's why despite my heart wanting to believe you, my brain didn't.
(You considered me your god right? But Gauri truth is, I'm not worthy of being called a god. I've never believed in god, I did long back but then lost faith due to the situations that occured in my life. I've heard people searching for god in mountains and all. But I found my god, you. You are my god)
Gauri looks on with tears in her eyes.

Om: Gauri, I want to erase all your complaints, I want to give you every happiness that you deserve. I never understood why you were so important to me, why your presence mattered to me. Why my heart ached when you were away..I know I've hurt you a lot, but please give me one chance. I swear I'll make up for all the mistakes I did. I dont want to rush you into things...so...Will you please be my friend for life?

Gauri felt a sting in her heart hearing just the word 'friend'. What all she had expected and what did it become? How she thought he would tell her he loves her but look at him doing so much for a friendship request. Hadn't she already accepted that? Are rich people mad?

Omkara noticed her fallen face but he couldn't really understand why it had fallen. Did he do some mistake again?

Gauri: you did all this just to ask that?
Gauri couldn't help but ask. Omkara looked blankly at her. There was an irritation in her voice and he couldn't understand why. Then it striked him that she was expecting him to confess. He wanted to dance then and there but decided to stay in his position and play around a little.

Om: is there a problem?
Gauri: no, not at all. I'm leaving
Saying this, Gauri turned away to leave.

Om: Juda hona kismat tha
Iss adoore kisse ki
Abhi mohobbat karni hain
Humein humari hisse ki

Before Gauri could leave he held her hand and pulled her close to himself. She landed on her back against him and he whispered with his husky voice in her ears. The shayri that he had said replayed in her head, she was curious to know if he actually meant that he....loved her?
Om: where are you going? You didn't answer me
Gauri: why should I? I'm already your friend right? Just let me go. You wont say anything useful anyway-
Om: I...Love....You
The three magical words were finally out of his mouth cutting her off and a shiver ran down her spine due to their intimicy and his confession. She looked back at him wide eyed.