Meeting

I ran as fast as I could, which was quite fast. The lives of that family could be in danger, if I didn't get there right away they could die or even worse, become demons themselves. I approached where I had heard the house was.

There was no sign of people or demons for that matter. However, as I got closer I noticed that I was mistaken, there were certainly people just not alive. One was a girl wearing a light pink yukata, she had long black hair with a caramel color overtaking the bottom. She seemed to have suffered a wound however it was hard to tell where with the amount of blood on her. The other was a boy he was holding the girl in his arms as if to protect her from something. He was wearing white underclothes with a green and black checkered haori. He had dark red hair and a scar on his forehead, as well as hanafuda earrings. He was also covered with blood. I went over to them so I could check their pulses.

As I got closer I realized they were laying outside of a door. I looked through the door not completely prepared for what I saw, inside there were four more younger children all lying lifeless on the floor. Honestly, I wasn't surprised that they had all died, it is expected in these situations. I just wish I could have gotten there sooner, if so I might have had a chance to save them. I checked their pulses to find the younger children dead. All I had to do now was check the pulses of the two outside.

As I bent down to check the boy's pulse his hand twitched. I immediately recoiled, I didn't think this would have happened. I stood guard as the boy slowly woke up. His eyes opened to show bright red irises with black diamonds for pupils. He looked around to see the girl. I would assume he would have immediately attacked me however instead he seemed to break down at the sight of the girl before him. I suppose he was her older brother however, I was sure when people became demons they would forget about their past. I prepared to perform a water breathing technique to end the boys suffering however the girl woke up before I could do anything. Her irises were light pink along with black diamonds for pupils as well. They both seemed to be completely oblivious to me as I stood watching them.

Most demons would be very hungry after just converting. However, these two demons only seemed concerned with each other and not with me as I stood watching them. They didn't do much except sit up and hug each other. I took a step towards them and the boy immediately shoved the girl behind his back. I realized he took on a defensive pose, not one that would help him attack me.

As I stood there assessing the situation, the boy stood up and went to help the girl up. When he turned his back to me I could see a huge wound on his back. I assumed that he had jumped in front of the girl to try and save her. This reminded me of something from a long time ago.

My initial plan was to take their lives peacefully however after seeing what the boy had done to protect the girl, it reminded me of someone. I couldn't bring myself to kill them no matter how hard I tried. The boy turned to look through the doorway behind him. "You won't like what you see," I said, making him turn his attention back towards me. He turned his head to the side as to question me. He then opened his mouth and produced some sounds however none of them were words. I sat down on the snowy floor, I had taken a liking to the two demons in front of me.

"Can you speak?" I asked the boy. He opened his mouth again and stuttered a bit before producing a hoarse "yes". He then tried to say another thing but he seemed to struggle. "Save your voice, you need rest," I said softly he looked at me and smiled. He then looked at the girl next to him, she seemed to be thinking intently about something. I immediately realized what she was doing. I got up and stood guard, the boy looked at me with curious eyes. "Is she your sister?" I asked him, he gave a slight nod. "Good, I need you to restrain her." He was very shocked by this, however, he did as I asked. I gave him a slight smile. I quickly ran off into the forest and looked for a stick that was the right size. Once I found one I came back to see the boy struggling to keep his sister under control. "Do you have a string in your house?" I asked, the boy gave a quick nod before turning back his full attention to his sister.

I went into the house stepping around the bodies. I looked in drawers eventually finding a piece of ribbon about the right size. I rushed back outside to see the boy almost about to be thrown off his sister. I quickly pinned the girl to the ground and fashioned the stick and ribbon so it formed a sort of muzzle preventing her from biting anything.

The girl would not stop struggling though, eventually, I gave up and knocked her unconscious. The boy did not like that and immediately pushed me off of his sister. "S-stay away." He said in a very hoarse voice. I sighed, "She's only unconscious, it's for the best." He looked at me up and down as if trying to decide if I could be trusted. He then came right up to me and sniffed me. I was beyond surprised and grabbed for my blade only to find it gone.

I turned back to the demon who was now by his sister holding my blade. I couldn't understand how I let my guard down enough for him to take it from me. "Friend?" The boy asked holding my blade. I looked at him, he seemed to be young his sister younger. I made a list of pros and cons in my head. Pro he hadn't hurt me yet or shown any signs of I'll intent. Con he was a demon. Though he also seemed like someone to be trusted. "Friend," I announced. The boy grinned and threw my sword back to me. "Now can I know your names?" I asked putting my blade back where it belonged. "Tanjiro and Nezuko Kamado."
——————————————————
1124 words
A/N- any suggestions for a new name for this book are welcome, if i got anything wrong please correct me