Training

Five months, that's how long it had been since Tanjiro and Nezuko had first started training under Urokodaki. Throughout the five months, I visited them once every month, in total, I saw them five times. Both Tanjiro and Nezuko made great progress in their fighting skills. I made a good decision when I gave them to Urokodaki so he could train them.

Since the first day of training, Urokodaki was able to tell that they needed fighting styles that complemented each other's but were still strong in their own. To make this happen Urokodaki trained Nezuko more on her blood demon art and Tanjiro with the blade and breathing techniques. However, if they had to Nezuko could fight with the blade and breathing techniques and Tanjiro could fight with his blood demon art.

I was told that Urokodaki trained them every night, starting with breathing techniques and then moving onto blood demon art. Some days only Nezuko would be training with Urokodaki on her blood demon art and Tanjiro would be training himself without Urokodaki's guidance. On other days it would be the opposite Urokodaki would focus on Tanjiro and his breathing techniques while Nezuko would be working on her blood demon art herself. Though often it would be Tanjiro and Nezuko working together with their respective elements while Urokodaki was helping them work with each other, making sure they fought strong together.

The times when I visited I would duel them both individually and then together. I would give them tips as they fought. The third time I visited I remember disarming Tanjiro of his blade only for Nezuko to step in and distract me while Tanjiro got it back. This showed me how well they fought together, but even when separated they fight strong. They have not yet defeated me or Urokodaki but they have come closer than anyone I have ever met besides the other Hashiras.

Now at this time, during the fifth month, Urokodaki decided that it was time for them to work solely on their own. He found the largest boulder and gave it to them to slice. That one they were allowed to work together to slice however he also got smaller boulders for them to prove themselves individually. After presenting them with the boulders he left them to figure out how to slice them in half.

I started coming every day so I could to watch them improve their fighting skills by themselves. Many times they would fight each other so that they could understand their flaws better. They had made a small amount of progress when I got called away on a mission. I was gone for around a week. Which meant that was a week that I had not been able to watch them improve.

When I came back from my mission I went to watch them and they had improved considerably. Both of the smaller rocks Urokodaki had set out for them individually were broken and all that remained was the single large boulder that they were to break together.

Another week later after they had broken the two smaller boulders did they finally break the larger one. I was there to watch it happen and it was surprising. Nezuko dripped some of her blood into Tanjiro's sword to help ignite it with her flames and give it more strength, but that was not the odd part. When Tanjiro went to swing his sword he did not use any water breathing techniques, which is what Urokodaki taught him. Instead, he used one that was similar to flame breathing, however it was none of the flame breathing techniques I had ever seen. But no matter what it was Nezuko's flame seemed to work very well with it. This led them to slicing the boulder in half. However once done Tanjiro seemed quite tired and drained.

The breaking of the boulders usually signified the time when the demon slayer would go to take the demon slayer test. However, seeing as we were dealing with two demons that was not possible. This led to many days of Urokodaki and I discussing what we should do about the siblings. We both wanted Tanjiro and Nezuko to be able to join the demon slayer ranks, however, we also knew that no one would accept two demons into the ranks unless we found very solid proof that they didn't harm humans and weren't working for Muzan, the demon king.

The latter was easier to prove seeing as either Urokodaki or I had been with Tanjiro and Nezuko since the moment they first awoke after becoming demons. This meant that there would have been no time in which either Tanjiro or Nezuko would even have time to have talked to the demon king. Though, for the first problem mentioned it was much harder to think of a solution. Even then if we were able to prove both those things it would still be hard to get the demons accepted by the demon slayers. Many of them have much trauma with demons and would never feel safe with a demon working alongside them even if said demon posed no threat.

We spent many days trying to find the answer to the problem we faced, however, it was all in vain. The events of the next few days produced a solution to the problem. Was it the solution that we wanted or would have chosen, no absolutely not. But, it was what we were given and to that, it was what allowed Tanjiro and Nezuko to join the ranks of the demon slayers.
——————————————————
934 words
A/N- shorter filler chapter, but the fun part of the story comes next!
lol i had to fix a singular word (also mustache face =}] ) he