Adventures

It took us about three nights to make it to Mt. Natagumo. Having to stop along the way to get out of the sun was not ideal. Kocho and I decided to split up, so we could cover more of the mountain; I assumed she did not want to be with the demon siblings, likely feeling uncomfortable with them.

Kocho left to go to the side of the mountain she claimed, so Tanjiro, Nezuko, and I went up the mountain opposite to Kocho. We were heading up through the maze of trees when Tanjiro suddenly stopped—he turned around multiple times, stopping more at one place. Tanjiro then tried to talk, forgetting he had a muzzle on. He pointed to the muzzle asking to take it off, I nodded, we weren't with people so I deemed it safe.

"I can smell the scent of a demon coming from over there," Tanjiro said as he pointed toward the trees. We headed in that direction, Tanjiro leading the way based on where the scent was.  We came to the edge of a clearing in the forest, in the center sat a demon. She was wearing white garments that matched her white skin and hair.

In her hands were some sort of strings that she was manipulating almost as if she had a puppet. I let Tanjiro kill this demon so he could have his first kill. Tanjiro climbed up a tree so that he could surprise attack the demon from the air. That would prevent a lot of attacks directed toward him.

He leaped off the tree leading his blade towards the demon's neck. At first, the demon looked very scared, she was trembling, but then she relaxed and held her arms out as if expecting her death. Tanjiro saw this and changed his form to Fifth Form: Blessed Rain after the Drought. This allowed him to slice through the demon's neck very quickly creating a false sense of peace for the individual.

The demon lady was disappearing but before she was gone a faint whisper was heard from her, "There is a Twelve Kizuki on this mountain, be careful."

Tanjiro and Nezuko both turned to look at me surprised. I wasn't as surprised as them, from what information the Master had given us I had assumed there was a powerful demon watching over the rest on the mountain. Nezuko also removed her muzzle, wanting to be able to talk.

"Where do we go next?" she asked while Tanjiro walked back over to me. I gave a short simple response, "Farther up the mountain." So we went farther up the mountain mostly just hoping we were going towards the next demon. The trees were so thick that they made it very dark in the forest.

A few minutes later I was able to pick up on the sound of fighting. Immediately I ran to the sound, forgetting that Tanjiro and Nezuko couldn't run as fast as me. I ran for a little bit and found where the noise was coming from. By a creek stood a large demon with a spider face, his hand was outstretched. Inside of its hand was a person who had a boar head on his face, he was wearing pants of the demon slayer uniform but he didn't have a shirt on. However, he didn't seem to have any swords on him, that may have been what caused the demon to start crushing his head

Before more damage could be done I intervened and cut off the demon's arm. The boy fell out of the demon's hands and onto the ground. The demon quickly regrew its lost arm and then lunged at me. I used Water breathing fourth form striking tide to separate its limbs from its body and to slice off its head.

The boy with the boar head turned to me, I could tell he was obviously amazed at something I did, whether it be my speed or something else I do not know. I put away my sword and sized the boy up. What I presumed to be his swords were lying on the ground broken and he obviously had many injuries.

I also realized that I had lost Tanjiro and Nezuko which worried me in case a random slayer had stumbled upon them. I went to leave to go find the siblings when the boar masked kid yelled out to me, "Hold on! Fight me Mismatched Haori!" I immediately disliked this kid, I wanted to leave but he just kept going, "You beat that strong demon. So! I'm going to fight and beat you then," he paused to point at himself, "I will be the strongest of all!"

"Go back to training, fool. If you can't realize when you should stop fighting then you'll die.'' That's all that I said to him, he was obviously injured very badly, and yet he still tried to fight me. "Hah!? Of course, I know my own limits!" He then proceeded to go on a rant about how he was in the right. However, he was so caught up in his speech that he didn't notice me tying him up until I was done.

As I was walking away the boy kept yelling, I tuned him out however focusing on trying to find Tanjiro and Nezuko. Once I got far enough away from the boy I tried to listen for the sounds of fighting or anything like that. I didn't find anything so I went back to where I lost them and headed in the general direction they would have gone.

After searching for a while I was able to pick up the faint sounds of something other than the forest so I followed it. As I got closer I heard sounds of fighting, and among it was Tanjiro's voice. I immediately started sprinting towards the sound. As soon as I got there I saw Tanjiro lying on the ground along with Nezuko. Both were very hurt, Nezuko was unconscious and Tanjiro was barely even able to move. However, what concerned me more was the wall of bloodied web approaching the siblings.

I quickly intervened and sliced the web before it could inflict any horrible damage on the siblings. "You did well holding out until I found you. Leave the rest to me." I said to the siblings to reassure them. "You're like an endless stream of a bunch of lowlifes getting in my way!" The demon exclaimed, apparently, the siblings had done enough to anger him. The demon then used his blood demon art "Cutting Thread Rotation" to send a rotation of the deadly threads towards me.

"Total Concentration Water Breathing Eleventh Form Dead Calm," Tanjiro questioned my eleventh form, the demon simply scoffed, not caring at all. All the demon was focused on was trying to get rid of us, he did not seem to care about anything else. He sent the rotation of the deadly threads towards me but as soon as they got close to me I was able to slash them to pieces preventing them from harming me. The demon stood there in shock for a moment, "That cannot be!" he yelled at me, "I simply will try again." However, he took too long and I was easily able to cut his neck off before he could do anything to try and stop me.

His head fell off his body and tumbled to the floor, on his face was pure shock. I looked over to his body to see it hobbling towards Tanjiro and Nezuko who were lying together on the ground. I knew it could not inflict any more damage and that it would not make it all the way so I let it continue towards them. The body had its arms outstretched as if trying to grab something.

When it had almost got to Tanjiro and Nezuko it fell to the floor, yet it still outstretched its hand towards them. I did not understand what the demon wanted but it seemed Tanjiro did. He turned his head to face the body and then after a few seconds Tanjiro outstretched his hand and put it on the demon's back. I did not understand what he was doing but the demon seemed to appreciate it.

After the demon had fully disintegrated I went over to the siblings to check their injuries. Tanjiro had some major cuts, I assumed they were from the strings that the demon used. Nezuko also had multiple severe cuts around her body. However, they were both able to walk so we looked around and found a small cave to wait in so their wounds could heal and so we could wait out the day. After making sure they were hidden in the cave and safe from the sun I went to go find Kocho.

After a while of looking, I finally found her, she had been caring for an extremely sick boy who had faced one of the demons alone. "My, my, Tomioka where have you been? And where are your little demons, shouldn't they be with you?" Kocho asked, obviously trying to mock me. I however ignored her petty mocking, "They are hiding in a cave recovering from their fight. I'm going to stay with them, I trust you can tell the Master what happened here." She nodded, "Of course, I can Tomioka but might I ask, who were they fighting?" I was trying to end the conversation to get back to the siblings but Kocho didn't seem to notice, "They stumbled upon Lower Rank 5 of the Twelve Kizuki. They were fighting him for quite a while before I showed up." Kocho seemed to be surprised though she hid it well, "Hmmm, interesting," I turned to leave, seeing the conversation was over, "Tomioka before you go, might I know why the Kakushi found a slayer with a boar mask tied up to a tree?" I sighed, "He was clearly injured but insisted on fighting." Shinobu simply smiled at the response, I took this as a sign that I could finally leave so I did. I returned to the cave with the siblings in it. They had both fallen asleep which I had expected, that was the way they seemed to heal their injuries. I simply stayed in the cave with them making sure they didn't get hurt and were safe.
———————————————
1734 words