Starting

I walked up to Urokodaki's door once again, this scene becoming quite common. I had broken my promise to both Tanjiro and Nezuko, it had been two months, almost three since I had last come to see them. I had gotten caught up in one of my missions and had been busy. But now I was there to see them which I knew would make both Tanjiro and Nezuko happy.

I knocked on the door repeating the similar knock I do every time I arrive at Urokodaki's house. I was greeted by Nezuko who surprised me by not having her bamboo muzzle on. I must have looked quite shocked because she tried her hardest to stifle a laugh. Tanjiro must have heard Nezuko and my exchange because he came to the door as well. His face immediately lit up upon seeing me, "Tomioka-san! You're here!" Following Tanjiro was Urokodaki who gave me a polite nod. I returned the favor and then turned back to Nezuko, "Shall I just stand here all night, or will I be let in?" 

Nezuko seemed to realize that she was blocking the entrance and moved out of the way, "I'm sorry Tomioka-san." I lightly shook my head as I walked in, "There is no need for you to say sorry for such a small thing Nezuko." She let a smile play across her face. It was quite interesting seeing her without her muzzle for the first time in a while, she was quite the nice young woman. "Well, I assume we all have a few questions to ask or a few answers to give," Urokodaki started as he made his way to the main room, "So shall we talk?"

We all followed him to the main room and sat down, Tanjiro and Nezuko sitting right next to each other. I found it quite cute how they always stayed together, one always trying to protect the other. Tanjiro looked around and then started the conversation, "Who's going first? Tomioka-san?" I took a moment to think before asking my first question, "Well, let me start with the obvious," Nezuko looked towards me, "Who would like to answer the question?" 

Nezuko looked to Tanjiro who then looked to Urokodaki who then looked back to Nezuko. Which I assume meant that Nezuko would be answering this question. Nezuko seemed to consider her options for a moment. "While you have been gone, we did a few tests. To be more exact the tests were to find the limits of Tanjiro and I's resistance to our demonly instincts." I nodded understating what she meant; I wouldn't have expected less of Urokodaki to be honest. "We have found out that both Nezuko and Tanjiro are practically harmless once they have gotten to know someone. That is to say, there is still a chance they will attack but it is less than say if it was just a random person on the side of the road." Urokodaki explained to me, I nodded understating what Urokodaki was saying.

Tanjiro didn't give Urokodaki time to start another sentence before deciding to voice his thoughts, "You know what else we found out Tomioka-san!" I looked towards Nezuko who also seemed to be extremely excited to share this news. "What else did you find out?" I asked leading Tanjiro to answer. "Nezuko and I both used a bit of our blood demon art! Nezuko's are really pretty, it's like these pink flames that are nice and warm. And then there's mine too which isn't as cool as Nezuko's but I can produce fire that hurts." Tanjiro's smile was very wide and so was Nezuko's, "That's great, have you found out everything about their circumstances?" I turned to ask Urokodaki, who then had to think for a few moments before deciding the answer to my question. "No, I have not found out everything about their circumstances however, I also don't think I will be able to find out everything about their circumstances for a long time." I agreed with his view, Neuko and Tanjiro were both large exceptions to almost everything we have come to learn about demons. They didn't eat human flesh and they didn't seem to want to hurt any humans. There seemed to be so much more we could learn about them and yet we would still be surprised by something else they could do.

"Well have you started anything with the sword yet, or have you even started training them in that field at all yet?" I inquired, turning to Urokodaki waiting for him to answer. He simply stayed silent, I don't know if he didn't want to answer the question or if he was thinking about something. I then turned to Tanjiro and Nezuko to see if they would answer me, they all stayed silent as well. I turned back to look at Urokodaki and sighed, "I'm not going to get to know until you can show off something will I?" To that they still all stayed silent, I was quite confused not knowing what they were planning. However, what I was not expecting was to be led out suddenly by Urokodaki with both Tanjiro and Nezuko following close behind.

We went all the way up the mountain, Urokodaki was not giving Tanjiro or Nezuko anytime to slow down. They were surprisingly close to keeping pace with us, of course, they were somewhat behind seeing as they hadn't had much training. Urokodaki came to a stop at the top of the hill, all of us stopping along with him. "Good, now there are a series of traps set along the mountain and you both must make it down, hopefully before sunrise."

Tanjiro and Nezuko were both very shocked by this news, apparently, I wasn't the only one who had no idea what was going on. Urokodaki looked at them then at me, he must have seen all of our shocked faces because he said, "Training, of course, if it gets too close to sundown me and Giyu can carry you both down the rest of the way, but I don't think that will be needed. Now go you're wasting time." Tanjiro and Nezuko both looked at each other and then at the way down the mountain. From where we were there wasn't much, we could see of the traps, but they were there. They turned to me I ushered them forward, interested to see how it would turn out. Nezuko and Tanjiro took off down the mountain, towards the multitude of traps that waited for them.

Urokodaki turned to me and lead me to a path that ran along with the path Nezuko and Tanjiro were taking. This one, however, was not lined with traps and was made to watch the other path. "Shall we observe?" he asked calmly. Seeing as my two choices were to observe or go down with Tanjiro and Nezuko into the traps I followed Urokodaki onto the path. We ran alongside Tanjiro and Nezuko, watching them fall into a lot of traps. The first trap they ran into was a covered pit, and both of them fell into it. However, Tanjiro was able to help Nezuko up who then in turn helped Tanjiro up. They seemed to do this in a lot of the traps. Both would get hit, or just one, and the other would help so they could get back on track. I turned to Urokodaki after they had fallen into another covered pit, "Do you think they will manage to make it down before sunrise? Or was that why I am here, to help you carry them back down?" He looked at me, or at least I assumed he did, you can never tell with the mask of his, "I originally thought that they would only make it about halfway down but now that I watch them I think they might make it down farther than I anticipated, they seem to be very quick thinking and adapting to the traps." he paused and then continued, "But no, that is not why you are here, you are here to help me determine how they do." I sighed and turned back to where Tanjiro and Nezuko had just been but now they were going back down the hill.

We followed Tanjiro and Nezuko down the hill watching how they started recognizing the signs of some of the traps. The sky started to get lighter when they had gotten about three-quarters of the way down the mountain. At that point, we got both Tanjiro and Nezuko and brought them onto the safe path we were on. We brought them down the mountain and got to the house just as the first rays of sunlight were passing the horizon. From there I said my goodbyes this time leaving with much more hope for the demon siblings than last time.

——————————————————
1485 words
A/N: I'm so sorry that I didn't get this out earlier. I had planned to finish it yesterday but I got caught up in school work. Also, no, I do not ship Nezuko and Giyu, but it was stated that Nezuko was her town beauty so I felt it only right for Giyu to compliment her.