A Solution Pt 2

You were up bright and early. Just about an hour before the sun started rising. You couldn't wait to see the sun again. To feel its warmth on your skin. To see the sun rays enter your window and wake you up. You just couldn't wait. You'd see a real bright blue sky with real clouds. Sure, you couldn't ride these clouds like you could the ones in the mall, but they were still your clouds from your world. You quietly walked past Barbatos and over to Karasu. You shook him awake and placed a finger over your lips to tell him to keep quiet.

"Why are you waking me up?" Karasu whined in a still sleepy voice.

"We gotta see the sun rise. Let's go." You put on your slippers and went towards the window. You opened it, taking in the fresh, cool, morning air. You took a deep breath and smiled. It was even better because you weren't wearing your coverings. You decided not to wear them at all while you were here, you could just say it was very well done make-up, right?

"C'mon!" You started climbing out the window.

"What are you doing!? You could fall and die."

"Actually, I can't. Remember? Though, it would cause a lot of people to have a heart attack. Plus, we'd get a better view from the roof."

"Fine, let's go."

The two of you climbed out the window and climbed onto the roof. You walked around on the roof for a bit, looking over the city. You had stars dancing in your eyes! Full of eagerness, Karasu eventually held onto you to keep you from falling off. He got you to sit down and you laid down on the roof. You both stared up at the sky as the morning sun began peeking up over the horizon. The sky began to be filled with yellows, oranges, and multiple different, but equally as beautiful, shades of blue. You began smiling as you felt that familiar sensation of the sun on your skin.

"It's beautiful." You said, you could almost feel yourself tear up, almost.

"It is, but not as beautiful as you though!" Karasu gave you his silly smile. You playfully punched his arm while smiling at him. You grabbed his arm and put it around your shoulder, leaning into him more. You sighed taking in the moment and enjoying yourself.

The sun was fully up in the sky now, you could hear people beginning to move around. People waking up to make breakfast, take their kids to school, go to work, or simply getting out of the house. You both sat up there as cars began riding through the streets. You decided that now was probably the best time to get off the roof before they called the police or got kicked out for your little stunt. When you both made it back inside, Barbatos was already awake and he had some breakfast there too.

"I took the liberty of ordering breakfast." He said as he took a bite of a waffle.

"Thanks dude!" Karasu plopped himself down next to Barbatos, grabbing the piece of cake for himself.

"Thank you!" You sat down on Barbatos otherside and grabbed some toast for yourself.

"It's no problem. If you don't mind me asking, what were the two of you doing on the rooftop this morning?"

"We were watching the sunrise." You told him.

"Oh, yes, I do recall you longing to see the sky during the day." Barbatos ate a strawberry.

"Yes, they started crying."

"I did not!"

"Yes you did!"

Barbatos looked at the both of you and smiled at your antics. He thought back to yesterday morning when you'd arrived at school on a dragon. He'd seen the whole thing from one of the windows in the council room. He didn't know Karasu could do that, but through rumors and some digging he found out how Karasu was able to do it. You'd helped him, gave him the push he needed and now his powers were evolving. The two of you were helping each other out, and it was a great sight to witness.