Night

You were lightly nudged awake, you opened your eyes and looked up at Belphie.

"What?" You groaned.

"Well it's time for bed."

"Ok? So why'd you wake me up?"

"Because I need to leave?"

"Why?"

"Because...why do I need to leave?"

"We can just ask Lucifer if he could stay over." Karasu suggested as he picked up the living room. Bella was already saying her goodbyes to Luke at the doorway. Where Lucifer also was standing, waiting for his brother.

"Yeah! Let's do that. Prepare your puppy eyes." You said as you stood up, perhaps a little too fast. Belphie grabbed your arm to stabilize you and then the three of you headed towards the door.

"Well, we have to get going now. It was a pleasure hanging out with you." Lucifer said with a smile solely directed at you. He still could not get over your nice gestures. His thoughts of you went for thinking you were a nice person, to someone who he'd like to keep around. The only thing he didn't like was how you made him realize how touch starved he really was.

"Same here, but..." You gave him a look. A look that he didn't like. A look that meant you were going to say something stupid, at least in his opinion.

"But what?" Lucifer crossed his arms over his bed, getting ready to hear what you had to say.

"Can Belphie stay over for a sleepover?" You asked with a smile.

"Why?"

"Because, I want to spend more time with my friend." You said.

"Oh?," He raised an eyebrow at you. "So am I not your friend?" He smirked. He was secretly hoping you'd get flustered.

"You are, but this is Karasu's house. And you don't like him. So I don't think you'd want to stay." You simply said, without getting flustered.

Seeing as your statement made sense, there was nothing Lucifer could say in return. He was disappointed that you hadn't reacted how he'd expected, but it was fine. "Fine, Belphie can stay the night. I'll be back for him in the morning."

"Yay!" Karasu and Belphie celebrated and ran off into the living room. Karasu was 100% planning to show Belphie ALL of the human world shows he'd seen as a child.

That left you alone with Lucifer in the doorway. "Well, see you tomorrow!" You waved as you went to close the door.

"Wait." Lucifer put his foot in the doorway, preventing you from closing the door. "Can I...have a hug?"

'I can't believe it! Lucifer? Showing vulnerability? I have to admit I'm shocked too. I would've never expected this. You did tell him he needed to rely on other more, and opening up is one way of doing that.' You agreed with Samuel on that. So you opened up the door and held your arms out.

"Bring it in!" To your surprise, you didn't even need to walk over to him, he just pulled you into a hug. You couldn't tell if you were on your tippy toes, or if he'd picked you up slightly. Either way, you made sure to hug him tightly. The gesture was returned by Lucifer. He set you down and pulled away with a smile on his face.

"Goodnight, Y/N."

"Goodnight, Lucifer." You closed the door, locked it, and went to join Karasu and Belphie in the living room.

'...So it wasn't the pollen. They just smell that good naturally.' Lucifer thought as he made his way back to the castle. He would have some explaining to do to the others, but he'd worry about that later.