Home and Back Again

It wasn't easy. But talk to you soon he did. You guys became expert texters. Late-night phone calls. And even though he promised you he wasn't cold on the roof one night in October he had gone there and got you to explore video sexting. Seeing as it was his birthday and you had called and ordered up dinner from the local place you guys had gone on a date to. Your mom had helped there.

At first, while embarrassing you soon found it exhilarating and it made you miss him just a little less. But you both led different lives. After Thanksgiving, he got word that he was in and you were super happy and proud of him.

But it was the slow start of awards ceremonies and your dad too busy to date took you as his plus one. And Jimin and the others especially Jungkook were in awe of the pictures you sent Jimin. And one night he was quiet as today had been especially hard and he had self-doubt if they would be able to get their music out there.

"I can't believe you met Usher. He is amazing. We can only hope to one day be as good as him."

"Stop! It's a different sound. And no matter what music you make I will be proud of you."

And when Christmas comes you send a huge package of stuff with your dad's help. More banana milk powder and movies for Jungkook. Signed hats and shirts for the others. And trinkets from the beach shops. You had got a mason jar of sand and told them it was from your favorite beach and when they came to Los Angeles they could return it.

And in the bathroom later with you on the phone Jimin opened his gift in private. Besides the kicks that he loved, you had seen these when shopping and had to get them.

Nestled inside the box were very shiny, sparkly diamond earrings. And he knows they are real and he is shocked. "Aera, you shouldn't have bought these!"

"Why?"

He shakes his head in the camera. "Because they are real. And I couldn't get you anything. The shoes were more than enough "

Rolling your eyes. "Jimin, I didn't buy you something to make you feel bad. I don't care that you couldn't buy me something. I want you to be able to wear those."

"I care, what kind of boyfriend doesn't buy his girlfriend something for Christmas?"

"Boyfriend?"

He blushes and smiles. "Well yeah, I thought we were kind of. Unless you aren't there?"

Breaking into a grin. "See and you said you didn't get me anything. I got a whole boyfriend."

He laughs. "Well even if it seems too easy to get you gifts. When I'm rich I'm going to buy you things."

"I have what I need. The other stuff is just stuff "

The next six months seemed to weirdly crawl by. Jimin had been so busy with the upcoming debut in June that a couple of times while talking on the phone he had fallen asleep.

And as you packed your suitcases with a lot of new clothes and some gifts for your friends from America your dad came and knocked on your door.

"Hey, hun just a couple more things I got yesterday. But you were asleep."

Looking in the bag you saw some more movies and reaching in he pulled out an envelope and it's Addressed to Bang PD and Namjoon. "This is probably going to make your friends very happy. But Warren said he's willing to help any up and comers. It's his cellphone number and times he can be reached."

You grin you had met Warren G at an event last year and he had liked your music enthusiasm and said you were young to know some of the facts you did and explaining that you were going back to Korea and knew some guys who loved rap and respected American rappers and knew how to write some amazing songs. Well, he had been intrigued.