Chapter 12

The next morning she was awoken by her mothers maid, ordered to see her mother. So she slipped her robe over her nightgown, and rushed over to her mothers rooms. Seeing her mother at the window looking out, she went over to her.

"I have heard of your deal with Chieftain Bjorn." Her mother said. She nodded. "Yes. I agreed to marry him to help our kingdom and keep Edvard alive." She told her mother. She did what she had to do. 

"You did this with out my permission." Bela told her daughter. "I know but this is what I knew I needed to do. So I did it." She told her mother looking outside with her mother. The Vikings were camped out there. Bela was watching them constantly. She hoped that this marriage will help calm her mother some.

"Did Elrick come to you?" Valeria asked. "Yes. Your father has written to us. He sent Elrick to watch over us until he returns." Bela said handing the letter to her daughter. Valeria took it and held it to the sun. Seeing the secret writing that her father learned to do to send secret messages.

Her father sent Elrick to help her family escape.  But now he doesn't need to do that. She gave the men reason to leave. With her as the queen. Queen of the Vikinings.

___

Elrick walked in after getting permission. Valeria looked over at him. "I didn't think your mother could listen to this. So I came to run it by you first." He told her. She looked at her four maids. "Leave us." She ordered.

They all bowed to the two and left the two alone.

She lead him to sit, sitting as well. When he sat she poured him some tea. "What is it Elrick?" She asked putting the pot down and getting her cup. She looked at him with her violet eyes. He has missed those eyes.

"Your brother, Castian, plans on cashing in on your marriage to Bjorn. He made a deal. He gets a kingdom. Weather it's this kingdom or another. He's started calling himself a dragon to bring fear again." He told her.

This didn't faze or shock her.

When they learned of their blood history, they both learned they were connected to dragons. So He would call himself the Dragon to instill fear in people including her.

Hearing her brother wanted to be a king. And so hearing that her brother basically sold her to become one doesn't shock her one bit.

She took a sip of her drink. She then sat the cup down and looked out her own window. "This will hurt my mother, but I don't think that it would shock her. It certainly doesn't shock me." She told her friend honestly.

"That bastard of a brother of yours doesn't deserve to be a king. He doesn't deserve many things. Let me get you all out of here? He can stay here and suffer." Elrick said reaching over and put a hand on hers.

She looked at him.

 "I agreed to marrying him already. It's set in stone now. My fate chosen. I will do anything to protect my family. Including marrying Bjorn." She told him. "You have feelings for him don't you?" He asked seeing she didn't fully seem to mind the marriage.

She blushed and looked away. That was his answer. She was in love.

"I will not push you to leave with me. I will support you in all ways Princess. I will be by your side at all times." He told her. She stood, and he did as well. She went over and hugged him. He sighed and hugged her back. 

She nuzzled into him.

"We will need to be ready. He will want to marry soon. And then that would mean he will be taking me away from here." She told him and then moved away. She went out to her balcony. She looked down at the warrior Vikings were there.

He followed.

"He isn't as bad as he shows himself. He is kind and caring. He hasn't harmed us. Just scared my family. But he hasn't harmed anyone." She told him. "Have you lain with him?" Erick asked seriously. She shook her head no. 

"No but we have kissed." She wasn't going to tell him how he has seen her naked and touched her. She didn't think he needed to know that. He nodded and looked at her. She looked back at him. He reached out and moved some hair out of her face.

"My Lady. Your mother will be having a celebration for your engagement. She wants you to have Bjorn ready for it. To have him know how to act during the party." Irri told her, walking into the room. 

Valeria nodded. "Ok. I will be there soon." She said. "Shall we also go into town to get you a dress My Lady?" Irri asked excitedly. "Yes. The Princess will be getting a new dress for her engagement party." Elrick said.

Irri looked so excited at the thought of going into town. 

Valeria looked at Elrick and gave him a small smile, before he left to get her dressed for the day. She felt so conflicted...