Pushing Boundaries

Jacob walked through the door with the first smile on his face that I had seen since before Bella left for Italy, but there was something about this smile. It wasn't a happy, my day had been great smile, it was a I did something and I'm glad about the results smile and it looked strange on Jake's face. He sat down at the table and joined the meal like is brothers, but they soon picked up on his mood and quieted as they stared at him.

"What?" Jake asked as he looked around the room.

"What did you do?" Sam asked and I could already see the stress lines showing in his face as he brainstormed what Jacob could have done.

"I just returned an item to Bella." Jake said with a shrug as I put a fork full of chicken in his mouth.

"What item would we be talking about?" I asked looking closely at him.

"The motorcycle that she had me build for her." Jake said nonchalantly.

"What?!" I yelled and stood up. The pack cringed away from me as my yell hurt their ears.

"Are you trying to give my father a heart attack?" I demanded and saw Leah and Seth flinched at the other end of the table.

"No, nothing like that, Sunny." Jake said looking a little shaken by my question.

"You know my father's feelings about those death machines. Is getting Bella in more trouble so important that you would risk his health?" I asked and Jacob shook his head quickly.

"No, Sunny. I'm sorry. I didn't think about that." Jacob said and looked down at his plate.

"I gotta call, dad." I said and walked out of the room. All the things going on was sparking everyone's temper and the imprints were no exception. Paul's imprint, Emily, didn't know yet, but even she notice the increased irritation with everyone. Even Quil's two year old imprint was cranky with the tension in the room. I paced Sam's and my bedroom trying to calm down before calling dad. The door opened and Sam walked in.

"Sunny?" He said and I cracked as the tears started to streak down my face. Sam wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close.

"Sunny?" Sam asked again as I buried my face in his chest.

"I hate this! I can't believe how short I'm being with everyone! I never used to be this way!" I said and cried into Sam's chest.

"Sunny, the pressure is getting to everyone. We all understand." Sam said and I shook my head.

"I can't think straight! I can't see a way out of all this bull shit that allows everyone to make it out of this bullshit relatively unscathed. In one way or another we're going to lose." I said and Sam shushed me and he pulled us down on the bed and held me to him.

"We'll all need to roll with the punches. It'll get better, sooner or later." Sam said and I sniffed into his chest.

"How can you be so positive?" I asked and looked up at him through the tears. Sam brushed the tears from my eyes as he stared down at me.

"Because that is the only way to look at it without driving ourselves crazy." Sam said and I nodded sitting up a little and wiping away the tears.

"You're right." I said and took a deep breath.

I tried to start looking at everything a little more positively. For now there was a little calm to allow everyone to relax a little, but not enough to ease the tension. I'm not going to worry about the things I can't control. They would only drive me crazy with worry and make me paranoid. For now I would focus on working at the library, taking care of the pack and planning my wedding. I have become increasingly good at baking and cooking, the pack liked being my taste testers for every new recipe. Now with eight members of the pack and three other imprints it was easy to keep busy.