An Expected Occurence

"Hey, dad?" I called as I came through the door.

"In the living room!" He called back. As usual he was sat in his chair with a beer in hand and the TV on.

"What sport today?" I asked as I sat down on the couch.

"Basketball." Dad said and I nodded as the ESPN commentators came onto the screen.

"What are you doing here? I thought you would have been busy planning with Allison and Natalie." Dad asked as he turned the volume down on the TV.

"I had to work at the middle school. Thought I'd stop by and bug you for a while before heading home." I said and dad smiled at me.

"It never bugs me when you stop by these days. I wish I got to see you more often." Dad said and I smiled and moved to sit on the armrest of his chair.

"Well, then you wouldn't object to coming with Natalie, Allison, Kim, and I to pick out my wedding dress?" I asked. Dad looked up at me questioningly.

"You want me to help pick out your wedding dress?" Dad asked looking stunned.

"Every girl wants their father's approval of their wedding." I said with a smile and he nodded.

"Alright then. When and where?" He asked.

"Tuesday. I'll come by and pick you up at nine?" I said and dad nodded.

"Sounds fine to me. I'll tell the station that I won't be in till the afternoon." He said and I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Thanks, daddy." I said and dad wrapped his arm around me in a one arm hug.

"Anything for you and your sister, baby girl." Dad said.

"Speaking of your sister... do you want her to come, too?" Dad asked looking up at me.

"Bella hasn't exactly spoken to me since the break up. I don't think she'd want to come." I said and dad nodded.

"Is that why she's not a bridesmaid, either?" Dad said and I shook my head.

"Nope. Sam and I decided that we aren't going to have groomsmen or bridesmaids. It's just going to be Billy, Sam and I at the front while everyone else is just a guest." I said and dad nodded.

"Have you guys decided where this shindig is going to take place?" Dad asked and I nodded.

"We'll have the wedding on the cliff, where Sam proposed. Then we'll have the reception down on the beach with a bonfire." I said and dad nodded.

"That way if you and Billy get too drunk, Jake won't have to drive." I said jabbed and dad chuckled.

"What about your honeymoon?" Dad asked and I knew he wasn't all too thrilled with this part of the wedding.

"Sam and I have been talking about just going to Seattle or Olympia for a couple days. Neither of us have much of a desire to go far." I said with a shrug and dad nodded. Dad and I chatted some before we moved into the kitchen and made dad's favorite for dinner. Dad would never speak ill of either Bella or I, but Bella just can't make grandma Swan's beef stroganoff like dad likes. It felt like old times for a while till Bella pulled in from school and was in a big hurry to get upstairs.

"Big plans tonight?" I asked dad.

"A group of her friends and Jake are going to the movie's in Port Angeles tonight." Dad said and I nodded.

"Good to see that she's finally out again." I said and dad nodded.

"Yeah, but she's still not completely back to being herself." He said and I sighed.