Chapter 9

Henry looked in the mirror, attempting to make himself look presentable and failing. He had large bags under his eyes from the long, sleepless nights since his son's...departure. he shook his head before combing his hair, which was also wild, since he hadn't left the house much.

He put the kettle on the stove right as there was a knock on the door. He walked over, took a deep breath, and opened the door. He was surprised to see how much Michael had grown.

He had to be over six feet tall, towering over Henry's five feet four inches. He wore a casual red t-shirt with a black jacket. The sleeves on the jacket were rolled up, and his hair was all over the place. He wore dark blue jeans with a simple belt, and black work boots. Henry also noticed a red bracelet on each arm.

But his eyes...Henry could never forget those eyes. They were just like Afton's. A light purple-ish color, due to some weird genetic mutation in the eyes. But Henry didn't remember that scar...

Michael looked over Henry and laughed. "Haha! You still own that sweater?" Ah yes, the accent. Henry had forgotten that.

Henry looked down at his simple white sweater with a poorly stitched pink heart on it and smiled. "Hey! I always thought it looked good..."

They shared a laugh and stood there for a minute. "Would you like to come in?"

Michael looked up at the storm clouds gathering in the sky. "That sounds lovely, actually."

Henry opened the door further and Michael stepped in. He closed a door and saw him holding a picture of Will. He looked up at Henry and set it down. "So...how's Will?"

Henry sat down in a chair, gesturing for Michael to do the same. "He...passed away, not too long ago."

Michael's face fell. "Oh no, that's terrible! I can't imagine how you must feel."

Henry just stared at the floor. "I, uh, try not to think about it too much. Been focusing on creating..." He trailed off, hearing the kettle whistling in the kitchen. "Oh, sorry. One moment."

Henry raced off to the kitchen, setting out two cups and grabbing tea bags. He turned off the stove and put on an oven mitt. These things could get really hot. "What kind of tea do you like?"

Michael's response was delayed, but not very long. "Whatever you have, I suppose."

Mint it is then. He set the teabags in the cups and poured the water, watching as the steam rose into the air. He let the cups sit there and walked back into the living room.

Michael was staring at the giant picture hung above the fireplace. It wasn't anything special, just a bunch of random paint colors on a canvas. But if you looked closely, you could see the colors had shapes, and those shapes created characters. It was a painting Will had made for his art project in his Freshman year. It was a painting of the main four characters at one of the original Fazbear locations: Freddy Fazbear, Chica the Chicken, Bonnie the Bunny, and Foxy the Pirate.

Michael turned around to face Henry. "Did you make this?"

Henry shook his head. "Will did, actually..."

"Oh...how did it happen?"

Henry sat down and Michael did too, curious what happened to that poor boy after...Charlotte.

"After his sister died, Will began to distance himself. He'd already lost his mother, and his sister was his best friend...though I suppose I didn't help..."

Michael stared intently, listening to every part.

"When Charlotte died, William and I seperated, as I suppose you remember. I took the business, and your father...well, he disappeared." Henry looked at the picture above the fireplace. "I began to bury myself in my work, unable to live with the loss of two loved ones. I suppose...I suppose I couldn't bear to look at him. His very existence was in William's honor. We named him after William, William was his godfather, and he always spent a little too much time with William."