chapter 6

Panic was near IMMEDIATE. He fumbled onto his feet, fighting the blanket a bit more before he got free, and rushed to the bathroom as quickly as he could.

Closing and locking the door behind him, he stared into the mirror. Sure enough he was bleeding. It was terrifying-

He turned the water on and started washing the blood off, occasionally looking back at the mirror to see if he had stopped bleeding.

After rinsing and repeating this a few times he had rubbed his face raw, but he stopped bleeding.

Looking at his eyes a bit closer, Bruno realized they had turned fully green. Not glowing of course, just- there used to be some brown in there long ago. Oh well- just another side effect of his gift.

He sat in the bathroom for a bit longer, worried that the bleeding would come back, and eventually fell back asleep having stayed in the same place too long.

═════

Of course he was going to be woken up. He's locked in the bathroom for christ's sake-

Just a simple knock on the door and a "Brunooo- are you alright in there—?" From what sounded like Agustín.

Bruno snapped awake and fumbled to get the door. Words  accompanied the door opening. "YEP- I mean, yes."

Agustín stared at Bruno roughly the same way he stared at that vision awhile ago-

.......... a moment of silence.

"AÍ- BOONITO WHY ARE YOUR EYES BLEEDING"

Bruno almost had a heart attack as he looked back in the mirror- sure enough. It was much more mild this time but definitely still there.

The speed at which Agustín got Julieta was... fast. Bruno just washed his face in the meanwhile.

Julieta was more concerned then anyone else to see Bruno's ruana slightly stained and his face just— POURING red. (cause he was washing his face, remember-)

She had brought snacks of course, quickly taking Bruno's face away from the water and shoving it in his mouth.
She grabbed a washcloth from nearby enough and dried his face off as well, continuing to do that until she was confident her gift was working.

In that moment she and Bruno saw eye to eye for the first time in WELL over 10 years. She finally noticed how Bruno's eyes had gone completely green from overusing his gift, and just how tired he was.

No tolerance sister mode activated immediately as she shuffled him off to his room and aggressively (yet caringly) tucked him in without a word aside from "sleep."

Bruno of course didn't do this immediately, opting instead to ask her why she had switched so suddenly.

"I have a better question Brunito-"

"What Happened while you were away-?"