four

[ Sam ]

"Hi," The boy at door greets me back.

He's very tall and has brown hair with gorgeous brown eyes. Well I guess I can safely say that he is cute.

"Hi," I say again not knowing what else to say.

"Hi..." he says again I can tell he's feeling awkward.

"Bye," I exclaim quickly before walking off deciding to just scrap my day with Hayes and head back to my house. That was really awkward and I just want to get out of here before it could possibly get worse.

"Wait!" The boy at the door says stopping me in my tracks. I halt and slowly turn back around. "Would your name happen to be Sam?" He questions me. I nod my head slowly in response. "Come on in, I'm Cameron but you can a call me Cam," he adds. I nod again because I'm clearly not able to speak. I hurry over to the door and follow him inside.

"Hayes!" he yells out of nowhere, "Sam's here!" Suddenly I hear loud footsteps running and then I hear them stomping down stairs, and soon enough Hayes ends up next to me.

"Sammy!" He exclaims before gripping me tightly. I force a smile as I'm held in his tight embrace. I look over to see Cameron amused with the expression on my face. I awkwardly pat Hayes on the back before forcing myself out of his grip.

"Hey," I greet him when I'm finally released from his grip. "So what do you wanna do today?" I question him once we're settled on the couch in his living room.

"Explore Los Angeles!" he enthuses sounding like a 5 year old. I give him a look encouraging him to explain further. "Can we just pretend to be tourists for one day and go crazy exploring the city," he suggests.

"Uhh..." I've lived in Los Angeles my whole life and I definitely don't find it interesting anymore. Sure when I was little I thought it was kind of cool but I'm basically over the whole "Cali is the coolest place on earth" thing now.

"Come on Sam," Hayes urges me," I've been here less than 48 hours and it's summer in Los Angeles, California, can we live a little?"

"Well I guess," I oblige giving in to his plea.

"Yes, you're actually my favorite person!" he grins happily before trapping me in another hug. "So Ms. Native Californian, where do you suggest our lovely tourist day?"

"Isn't it obvious?" I question but Hayes shakes his head no in response. "Hollywood Boulevard."

//

Hollywood Boulevard. The heart of Hollywood. Home to the Hollywood Walk of Fame and many other Hollywood attractions such as a few wax museums, though I would never dare enter them.

"Sam, check out this star," Hayes calls out. He was so excited and walking so fast that he was a few feet ahead of me. I hurried over to him to see what the big deal.

"What?" I ask as I finally catch up to him.

"Look at the star," he instructs me gesturing to the pink star he happens to be standing on.

"Well I would but you're kinda standing on it, Grier," I chuckle. Typical Hayes. He gives himself a mini face palm before stepping off the star. "Dick...Lane," I read out. I don't see what the big deal is.

"Dick Lane," Hayes snickers happily.

"Am I missing something or...?"

"Dick Lane!" He exclaims but I'm still not getting it.

"Please clarify,"

"His name is Dick,"Hayes laughs loudly. Omg this kid has the brain of a 10 year old...

"Grow up...."

//

"Sam, let's go in here," Hayes suggests grabbing my hand and pulling me somewhere.
I look up at the buildings sign and notice he brought me in front of Madame Tussanse's Wax Museum.

"No way," I tell him slowly. Yes, I have an irrational fear of wax figures. Don't judge me.

"Pleaseeee," he pleads, "I love wax museums!"

"Well that must be fucking wonderful for you, but I hate them so no," I say simply before walking away.

"Why don't you like wax museums?" he asks curiously while running to catch up with me.

"That story is for another day my dear friend."

//

Short chapter sorry