six

[ Sam ]

"I swear you're like addicted to this show," my sister Victoria groans as she walks past me in the living room.

I was currently huddled in my favourite blanket binge watching old episodes of DanceMoms. I wouldn't say I'm addicted to this show, I just enjoy watching it... a lot.

"I'm like so totally not," I reply mockingly.

I'm stuck alone with my sister for a week. Our parents are on business in Boston for 5 more days and she's in charge. Normally they would make us get a babysitter but Victoria turned 17 not too long ago so she's old enough to deal with me for a few days.

"I don't even talk like that," she argues rolling her eyes at me.

Victoria is the most defensive person you'll ever meet, but that is a good thing when you're her little sister who lives to annoy her.

Before I can up with a clever comeback, there's a knock at the door.

"I'll get it," she declares walking towards the door. Bless her because first of all I was not planning on moving anytime soon, and second of all people are quite terrifying.

"Hi is Sam home?" I hear a deep voice, that I soon identify as Hayes, ask from the door.

"Yea, and you...you...you're—"

"Yea, I'm Hayes Grier and this is my brother Nash and my friend Cameron," I hear him explain.

I decide to get up and head to the door before Vic has a heart attack, even though I was enjoying her being the flustered one for a change.

"Sammy," Hayes yells when I appear in his view. He runs over to me and hugs me tightly. It's mid-August so he's all hot and sweaty, but that doesn't phase me and I hug him tighter.

"Hi," I grin looking up at him. There's a grin plastered on his face matching mine."I thought you were working until midnight tonight," I realize once I remember it's only about 8:30.

Im not exactly sure what Hayes does. He's explained a few times but I honestly couldn't comprehend the concept.

"We finished early and I wanted to see you, surprise," he chuckles as he starts playing with my hair.
Typical Hayes, always distracted by my hair.

"So I hear your parents are out of town?" Cameron questions directed mostly at Victoria. She nods her head confirming it, still evidently flustered with the fact that Cameron Dallas was at her door.

"You guys wanna chill with us at our place tonight?" "Our parents are at a meeting, for most of the night," Nash adds trying to influence Victoria's decision.

"Please, please, please?" Hayes whispers pleadingly in my ear although I'm not the one he has to convince.

"Can we Vic?"

"I win again!" I cheer excitedly and everyone cheers. Well everyone except Victoria and Hayes.

"You so cheated," Hayes scoffs rolling his eyes. Victoria's behind him, comforting him with a hug.

She seems to have gotten over the whole 'famous-person-at-my-door-thing' and she is just acting like her chill self.

She's cheering on Hayes, while I've got Nash and Cameron on my side.

Ironic how no one wants to cheer on the person they live with.

"Please explain to me Hayes, how do you cheat at ping pong?" I smirk knowing there's no reasonable answer to this question.

"You just do," he complains after failing to think of an answer.

What a sore loser.

"There is no way on earth that you could beat me. I'm the mother fucking pingpong champion," he finally says.

"So you say, yet you just lost to a wittle girl," I tease receiving a double high five from Cameron and Nash.

These last 3 weeks I've known Hayes, I've also opened up to Nash and Cam, making this my ideal group to hang out with. I'm actually comfortable in a group of people for the first time and I like that.

"Oh don't listen to her Hayesy, she's just jealous," Victoria cackles hugging Hayes tighter.

It makes me kind of uncomfortable that the two of them have gotten so close in a few hours but I guess it's not a big deal as they both have easy going personalities.

Why would she be jealous of a loser?" Nash counters snapping me out of my thoughts and back into reality.

"Burn," I smirk. Victoria and Hayes roll their eyes in response.

"Ooh pizza's here," Cameron enthuses as the doorbell rings. He runs upstairs to go get it as we all stay in the basement.

"And then there were 4," Hayes announces hopping on the ping pong table and sitting on it.

I, personally didn't that was a good idea but nevertheless I went and took a seat next to him on the ping pong table.

"Actually, Victoria come with me to go get some blankets and stuff," Nash suggests, abruptly pulling my sister with him up the stairs.

"And then there were two," I mumble lifting to fingers in the air in the form of peace sign. Hayes chuckles. I rest my head on his shoulder until he speaks up.

"Well then we get to pick the movie," Hayes points out.

The two of us head over to the television and get Netflix running.

We decide to have a grown ups marathon because according to Hayes they are the best movies of all time. I'd agree to disagree about that one but said nothing.

"We also get the best seats," Hayes adds pulling out two bean bag chairs. There's enough bean bag chairs for all 5 of us but I've been here enough times to know that these two are the good ones.

"And the young-ins outsmarted the old people," I cheer and Hayes high fives me.

"What was that Sam?" I hear Cameron say as he, followed by Vic and Nash return into the basements.

"Nothing," Hayes and I reply simultaneously.

"Are they dating or something," I hear Victoria whisper to Nash.

"Not yet," Nash whispers and the two start laughing quietly.

"You know we can hear you right?" Hayes yells loudly shutting them up.

//

I really like Sam and Hayes together, they're cute and stuff.  Love you all and don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me :)