XXX.

CHAPTER THIRTY.
"CONFLICT"

_______

"What is the meaning of this!" A voice erupted behind Sorlo, as the clinkering sounds of armor and swords became heavier, "Lower your weapons. All of you!"

Sorlo and Bran held their gaze. The Stark soldiers behind the boy lowered their swords first, meanwhile Sorlo held his bow the same as before.

"Sorlo. Lower your bow." The voice demanded again. He knew it was Sansa. The group had traveled all the way back from Deepwood Motte.

Bran's gaze was challenging, daring him even, to let go off the arrow but Sorlo restrained at last. His arms lowered the bow, releasing a long held breath from his lungs instead of the arrow he so desperately wanted to.

He couldn't risk it. Not with soldiers surrounding him to execute him right then and there, and afterwards hunt the rest of his family.

Two soldiers came up right behind him, grabbing his arms to arrest him. His bow fell to the floor.

Sansa watched as they dragged Sorlo out of the room, her face lathered in confusion to what she just had walked into.

"What happened, Bran?" She questioned her brother after more people left the room.

"We had a talk." Bran answered after a long pause.

Sansa was used to the pauses by now, "That didn't look like talking. If he tried to kill you, he'll be executed for it."

Bran said nothing and signaled for his last remaining soldier to wheel him out, leaving Sansa to stay behind in the room.

Sorlo was dragged all the way to the cells, just where he had freed Kali from before. They shoved him inside the dark cell and left him.

He took a long breath, watching as his hands began to shake. All the emotions came crashing down inside him. That's what it's like to be alive again, I suppose?

Hours went by, Sorlo couldn't figure out if it had been nightfall already; everything was dark in the cells at all times. He sat in a corner, mumbling things to himself.

A flame brightened the place up and as Sorlo looked up, he saw who was holding the torch.

Sansa.

She watched Sorlo cautiously, sitting down on a little wooden stool that was close to the cell door, "Bran said you stormed his chambers. Trying to murder him."