I.

CHAPTER ONE
'THE LAST OF US'

CHAPTER ONE'THE LAST OF US'

_____

THE BLACK BLOODED WARRIORS CLAN WAS NOT UNKNOWN IN ESSOS, nor any where else in the world. The Slavers feared their name, and the innocent cheered for their victories. The first Ancient Warriors were born during the Doom of Valyria, as the force of nature caused the fall of the Valyrian Freehold, and the birth of the Free Cities.

That was what they fought for; Freedom. As they fought war after war to keep the cities free from slavery, they fell to their failure. Masters took back their power over the cities and reinstated slavery, except in Braavos. It was founded by former slaves, and only grew more powerful as the Ancient Warriors freed more.

As the years had passed, the clan became nothing more than a mere myth in Westeros. Their name and history were whispers in the winds, and people started to forget. Any time somebody claimed to be a member of the Clan, the people sneered at them, called them thieves and beggars until they got chased away.

The Clan had disappeared, split off into different corners of the world, hidden away to stay alive. The Jhagar' were staying near Yunkai, and they knew it was dangerous to be so close to a slaver's city. It was their goal to make it to Braavos, to finally have a free life without fear as they once stood for. The journey had been long, and after Baro Jhagar died for his family, they were stuck in grief.

Sorlo and Kali loved their father dearly, he taught them how to fight and how to survive. Baro taught them wrong from right, and justice from injustice. His heart was free from any hatred but it did not weaken him in life. Without hesitation, he was ready to defend and fight for his family. So he died as he lived— for his wife and children.

Sorlo learned his archery skills from his father, and later on taught his younger sister. Kali preferred close combat, as she was skilled with balancing her body. She moved swiftly and fast, stealthy like a slithering snake. Meanwhile, Sorlo was skilled to fight from distance. Though he was not shy from wielding a sword, but with his bow he could kill his enemy from a moon away and nobody would ever know.

It was the early morning and the Jhagar siblings have been on the hunt since dawn. Sorlo was capable of taking down two smaller birds, while Kali was sneaking off preying on a snake. Those reptiles always made it hard for her to catch them, they were fast and dangerous. She pulled out her sharpened knife and a stick. After dealing with animals for so long, she picked up on their behaviours and their weaknesses; as well as their strengths.

Kali moved so quietly it almost seemed as she was floating, holding the stick out in defence and her knife ready to attack. The snake paid no attention to the hunter, it was slithering around and in a swift motion Kali managed to stab the stick on it's neck to hold it down, bringing her knife down to behead the snake without being bitten or harmed. The snake' head was still moving and twitching around, even after being detached from it's body, so she carefully buried it in the dirt. Kali used her knife to slit it down the body and skin the animal, before throwing it over her shoulder.