XIX.

CHAPTER NINETEEN.
"KING IN THE NORTH"

___

It had been weeks since Daenerys sent for a raven for Winterfell to summon Jon Snow, the King in the North, who had accepted and was travelling to Dragonstone. Sorlo endured many, many more dreams and visions about the north— the army of the dead and the crippled boy Bran Stark. The vision of Daenerys dying haunted his dreams almost every night, it let his blood run cold in fear.

He stood outside the castle, on a hill that overlooked the sea. His eyes wandered up to the sky and watched as the dragons flew majestically through the winds, Daenerys on the back of Drogon and it seemed so effortless the way she rode her dragon. Their minds and bodies became one.

Sorlo had been so captivated by the sight of it, he didn't notice Margaery appear beside him, and slither her arm around his own.

"Lady Olenna went back to Highgarden, why aren't you with her?" He asked.

Margaery's eyes followed his gaze to the sky, "My grandmother insisted for me to stay with the queen. I learned not to question her decisions."

They stood in silence and watched the dragons, Margaery did not fear them but she respected the creatures and always kept a safe distance, whereas Sorlo always felt himself drawn and amazed to them. He loved the dragon mother, so he held no ounce of fear for her children.

"You seem to be very close with the queen." The Tyrell girl pointed out, she was not blind to their behaviour around each other— and word of their relationship was no secret.

"What about it?"

"You wouldn't perhaps know if her Grace also fancied women?"

Sorlo seemed to be caught off guard by her question, his head snapped to the side and looked at her as she wore nothing but a playful smile on her lips as his reaction amused her. As he saw her smile, his reaction had softened and a small laughter erupted from between his lips.

Daenerys was an ethereal beauty; it was no surprise that men and women both longed for the queen.

"How would I know? Just a second ago I didn't know you fancied women yourself."

"It would rewrite history, wouldn't it? A Targaryen and a Tyrell— two queens ruling the seven kingdoms together." She dreamt out loud.

Their chatter was interrupted as Drogon landed on top of the hill, only a few feet away from them, and Dany dismounted. She approached Margaery and Sorlo, who both had bowed their heads to the queen.