XX.

CHAPTER TWENTY.
"WHEN A WOLF LOVES A DRAGON"

___

"You are mine as I am yours." Dany repeated in agreement while she melted into her lovers arms, perhaps for the last time in a long time.

She had found and met loyal friends during her journey, Missandei was the closest friend she had, but no one had left quite a mark on her heart as Sorlo did. He became the home she dreamt of having.

Home wasn't Westeros or Dragonstone, it wasn't the house with the red door and the lemon trees, but it rather was right there in his arms.

Daenerys did not want him to leave her, but she understood the urgency and importance for his request— and with a heavy heart she'd agree to let him go North, hoping they would soon reunite and never be apart again.

"We will be with each other again. Once you travel to Winterfell with Jon and the rest of your people, we will be in each others arms again." Sorlo tried to reassure her as he could sense the worry within her body.

"We will be."

They both shared a look of love with each other, a love that could not be explained with words but instead with eyes that brew a storm of feelings. Sorlo wanted to tell her how much he loved her and how he'd always would, but words would simply not suffice; so he would show her.

He cupped her face with his hands, using his thumbs to stroke her cheek bones in a circling pattern as his lips closed in on hers. They fit perfectly together, as if they were made just for each other. The fire within her started to burn, longing and craving for their bodies to fit together as their lips did.

Tonight, they would share and make love as if it was their last night.

It was the night the wolf loved the dragon, and fire loved ice.

__

"I didn't expect the queen to let you leave." Kali told her brother as they walked through the halls of the castle.

It had already been the break of dawn and Sorlo had his things packed and ready to bring them on the ship.

"She knows it's important."

"You never told me why it's important."

He realised he had never told his sister of the visions he had, how it haunted him night for night. With a sigh he searched for the right words.