XXIX.

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE.
"REBORN"

____

He gasped. Desperately, he gasped for air, as if his head had been under water for too long. Bloodshot eyes searched the room frantically, disorientated about his whereabouts. The cold winds hit his bare skin, reminding him that he was alive.

Though his muscles felt weak, and his body ached, he shuffled his way off the bed and stood with wobbly legs, shivering all over. Torches on the walls, and the lit fireplace brought some warmth.

Flashing images shot through his brain quickly, replaying the scene of Jon, and he began to remember. Sorlo brought his trembling fingers up to his chest, feeling for the scar, and remembering the pain of the blade piercing through his skin.

He noticed that he had been stripped from his clothes, and was standing bare exposed in the middle of the room.

"How are you feeling?" A voice startled him out of his trance and confusion.

As he squinted his eyes, he saw the red woman creep out of the shadows, and taking down her hood, "How am I alive? I was dead. I remember it." He spoke hoarsely.

Melisandre smirked, "The Lord of Light brought you back. Your time is not done yet, and it seems like you have another purpose to fulfil."

"Bran." He breathed, clearing his throat afterwards. He looked down on himself, using his hands to cover his private area, "Did he have to bring me back naked?"

Melisandre said nothing but watched as the man before her covered himself with the bed sheets, shivering like a helpless newborn.

"Where is Daenerys? She needs to get out of here and sail for Dragonstone at once." He started once his body calmed down.

"She and her people already sailed at dawn. Jon Snow accompanied them, to help take the Throne."

Sorlo remembered the words of the woman, that Bran would use Jon to rule as king, and give Jon a reason to kill Daenerys.

"You need to sail after them. You need to help protect the queen. I cannot go, not until I have dealt with Bran."

"I only do what my lord commands." Melisandre said.

He began to grow impatient and angry, his fists balled, he stood tall as he walked towards her, "I'm Lord of Winterfell, and I command you to go. Jon is Bran's puppet, and he doesn't even know. He's a danger to the queen and my sister."