XVIII.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.
"FIRE AND ICE"

___

The arrival of the Black Blood army came to a surprise to Daenerys, and her people, and they all stood by and watched as Kali received her own at shore. Her stallion, Shadow, trotted behind its rider, red eyes glowing.

Dany's dragons flew over the castle and observed the strangers, protecting their mother from any potential harm. At the sight of the stallion, the people fell on one of their knees, their fist placed against their heart and they looked up to Kali,

"The true warrior has risen, and we pledge ourselves to your purpose." They echoed.

Kali smiled proudly and gestured for her people to stand, before pointing towards Daenerys,

"I am the true warrior, who has pledged herself to Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen. She is my queen, and now she is yours. Our purpose is to help her free the people, and the world of tyrants."

Dany's eyes glistened thankfully as she looked at Kali, a smile on her lips and her head held in pride.

The people chattered in confusion to each other, until one of them stepped forward.

"You have bent the knee to a tyrant! We follow no kings or queens, only our own!" They chanted in agreement.

Kali's eyes darkened as she scanned the person, taking a step towards them with Shadow behind her, its nostrils flaring.

"You have followed me here, it is in your blood to serve and obey the warrior. Daenerys is on our side, she knows what it means to give people their freedom; rather than take it as all the rulers have done before her. She is no black blood, but she is one of us." She defended as her eyes bore into the man.

"Kali," Dany began and laid a hand on her shoulder, "These people are free to make their own choice. If they choose not to follow me, so be it."

"They are bound to me. I follow you, so will they."

Daenerys only nodded, respecting Kali's choice and their culture. She looked at the man with her violet eyes, offering him a kind smile, "When I take back my throne, I promise your people will no longer need to hide. You all shall live in pride as you did once hundred years ago. The common people will cheer for you."

Sorlo watched the scene from a distance, his arms crossed over his chest.

"We will need to start planning soon." Tyrion said as he popped up at Sorlo's side, making him jump which made Tyrion smile.